With more than 30 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry, Barry is widely regarded as one of the most knowledgeable brokers in the market. As a native of Raleigh, Barry has been actively involved in the rapid expansion of the Triangle area over the past few decades and has developed a keen awareness of market trends and development potential.
Early in his career, Barry worked for one of the largest development companies in the Southeast. His experience with the development side of the business gives him a unique perspective from which to advise his clients.
Barry joined CBRE|Raleigh in 1993 and now leads CBRE|Raleigh’s Land Services Group, a team of four experienced professionals that specialize in disposition, acquisition and advisory services for raw land, entitled land, improved residential lots, master-planned communities and redevelopment sites. The CBRE|Raleigh Land Services Group has represented some of the largest land transactions in the Triangle Region and is consistently one of the top producing land teams in North Carolina. Recently, the team was recognized by the Triangle Business Journal’s Space Awards for representing the first and third largest sales transaction in the Triangle during 2017 for the sale of 411 S. Roxboro Street in Durham and NC Hwy 42 & US Hwy. 70 in Clayton, as well as achieving the third largest sale in 2018 for Olde Towne and in 2015 for 8341 & 8515 Old Lead Mine Road, both in Raleigh.
- CBRE, Raleigh 2016 Employee of the Year Award Winner
- CBRE, Raleigh 2009 Broker of the Year Award Winner
- CBRE, Raleigh 2007 Top Producer of the Year Award Winner
- CBRE, Raleigh 2004 Top Producer of the Year Award Winner
- Member, Hope Lutheran Church in Wake Forest
- Volunteer & Member, YMCA Property and Facilities Committee
- Volunteer & Member, YMCA Swim for Life Steering Committee
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, North Carolina
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, Certified Commercial Investment Management Organization (CCIM)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- University of North Carolina, Wilmington - Bachelor of Science