Andy Ratner leads both the downtown Los Angeles office of CBRE and the Occupier Advisory & Transaction Services discipline in southern California. Andy is a highly-respected market leader having received the 2018 Extraordinary Times Award and the 2015 and 2017 Presidents Performance Award acknowledging outstanding leadership and financial performance.
Andy has 35 years of commercial real estate experience and during his career has completed some of the most significant and complex real estate consulting, leasing, structured finance, development advisory and investment sales assignments on record, with total value in excess of $20 billion.
He began his career as a management consultant with Peat Marwick & Mitchell in Los Angeles (now KPMG) where he specialized in real estate consulting, financial institutions and bankruptcy. Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Ratner was with Cushman Realty Corporation/Cushman & Wakefield for 25 years most recently serving as its Executive Managing Director in charge of the Global Occupier Consulting Group and prior to that its West Coast Regional Brokerage Leader.
Mr. Ratner is Past Chairman of the Board of Junior Achievement of Southern California, Inc. where he was given the inaugural Frank P. Pekny Award for exemplary leadership as a volunteer, mentor, executive committee member, ambassador, and board member. He is currently a member of CoreNet Global and the Central City Association. He was previously involved with the Urban Land Institute (UDMUC Silver Council), the California Real Estate Commissioners task force on License Reciprocity; the USC Lusk Center; the Advisory Board for the Jackie Robinson Foundation; and the UCLA Business Economics Council.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Board of Junior Achievement of Southern California, Board of Directors and Past Chairman
- CoreNet Global
- Urban Land Institute (UDMUC Silver Council)
- California Real Estate Commissioners task force on License Reciprocity
- Jackie Robinson Foundation, Advisory Board
- UCLA Business Economics Council
- Economic Development for the Los Angeles Central City Association, Chariman
- Frank P. Pekny Award for exemplary leadership as a volunteer, mentor, executive committee member, ambassador, and board member for Junior Achievement
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts, Economics
- USC Marshall School of Business, MBA, Corporate Finance
- LA Football Club - Los Angeles, CA - Site selection consulting for new MLS stadium
- Korean Air - Los Angeles, CA - 1M SF Wilshire Grand development strategy
- AT&T - Dallas, TX - 200,000 SF world HQ occupancy strategy
- Princess Cruises - Valencia, CA - 300,00 SF world HQ/call center build-to-suit
- Union Bank - Los Angeles, CA - 300,000 SF southern California HQ occupancy strategy
- Bausch & Lomb - Rochester, NY - 350,000 SF world HQ build-to-suit
- Colgate Palmolive
- Cleveland Clinic
- Warner Bros., Inc.
- City National Bank
- United Technologies
- Paramount Studios
- WindRiver Systems
- Alaska Airlines
- O’Melveny & Myers
- Capital Group
- BP Exploration
- Sempra/So Cal Gas
- Callaway Golf
- Times Mirror/LA Times