Andres Albano, Senior Vice President, has 40 years of commercial real estate experience and is recognized as one of the top advisors for investment land sales in Hawaii. He has been instrumental in his representation of large landowners such as James Campbell Company, C. Brewer and Company, Dole Food Company and AMFAC Land Company, for the disposition of more than 100,000 acres of land with total value of $1,000,000,000. To each transaction, Andres brings a strong understanding of capital markets, developable and vacant land markets.
Mr. Albano has been with CBRE since 1997. Before focusing on Capital Markets investment services, he gained experience in the commercial and residential real estate industry serving as the Executive Vice President of Mid-Pacific Development Ltd. and as President of sister company, M&M Contracting Co. Both entities were responsible for the development/construction of over 400 dwelling units on the island of Oahu, State of Hawaii. He also served as the Principal Broker of the General Growth Properties in Hawaii, the operator of Ala Moana Shopping Center on Oahu, State of Hawaii. He also played an integral role for owner Daiei in the major expansion of the 3rd level and subsequent sale of the center to General Growth Properties.
Prior to working in the real estate industry, Mr. Albano started his career as a Nuclear Power Engineer for Naval Reactors at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard. He subsequently worked as an Electrical Engineer for the Federal Aviation Administration. One of his notable experiences during his engineering career was managing the engineering design and construction work to restore the electrical power plant, water distillation plant, electrical power transmission and distribution lines and the sewer pump stations on the island of Wake Island following the total destruction of the island by Typhoon Sarah in 1967.
- University of Hawaii Board of Regents, former Vice Chairman; former Chairman of the Board of Regents Task Group on Public/Private Partnerships; former Chairman of the Standing Committee on Finance and Facilities; and, former Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Research Corporation
- Association of Emeritus Regents of the University of Hawaii, Vice Chairman
- Hawaii Developers' Council, former President
- Development Association of Hawaii, former President
- Honolulu Chapter of the National Society of Professional Engineers, former President
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Listed in Who's Who in West, Who's Who in Finance & Business, Who's Who in America, and Who's Who in the World
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award by Marquis Who's Who
- University of Hawaii, Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (B.S.E.E.) and a Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Realtors Institute (GRI), University of Hawaii
- AMFAC Land Company, Ltd.
- Blackpoint Group, Inc.
- C. Brewer and Company, LTD.
- Castle & Cooke Homes Hawaii, Inc.
- Daikyo Pacific, Inc.
- Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
- Dole Food Company, Inc.
- Estate of James Campbell
- Finance Holdings, Ltd.
- FJ Finance, Inc.
- Global Alliance Development
- Goodwill Industries of Hawaii
- Hawaii Carpenters Union
- Hawaii Resort Shops, Inc.
- Healani Land Company
- Home Depot
- IES Retail, LLC
- Kamehameha Schools
- Kennedy Wilson
- O’oma Resorts
- Obayashi Corporation
- Pacific Links International
- Queen Liliuokalani Trust
- RedHill Realty Investors, LP
- Schuler Homes Hawaii, Inc.
- Sunstone Keokea LLC
- Tai Lung Plastic Industrial
- United States Postal Service
- Yamakin, Ltd.