Douglass Johnson has 30 years of commercial real estate experience. He has been involved in more than 20 million square feet of sales transactions. The total consideration for these transactions is $2.5 billion. Along with his partner Morgan Hillenmeyer, Douglass has executed sales on Nashville’s most notable institutionally owned properties, including the One Century Place Building, Dell Campus, Primus Headquarters Campus, Caterpillar Financial Center, L&C Tower and most notable the 1.2 million square foot Duke Flex Portfolio for over 200 Million. This portfolio sale surpassed the highest recorded commercial transaction in Franklin history by a factor of two.
Mr. Johnson was honored with the Investment Broker of the Year award by the Nashville Chapter of NAIOP in 2003 for executing both the Office Sale of the Year and Industrial sale of the Year. This is the second time that Mr. Johnson’s team had been recognized for this award. Mr. Johnson has consistently been one of CBRE’s top capital market’s professionals throughout the years, and has ranked as one of the top investment brokers in Nashville.
Mr. Johnson received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Denver University in Denver, Colorado. He also has served on several community and nonprofit Boards and Advisory Boards including the Cumberland Heights Foundation and the Friends of Radnor Lake.
- 2018 NAIOP Nominee for “Office Sale of the Year” – Nashville, TN
- 2017 NAIOP Finalist for “Office Sale of the Year” – Nashville, TN
- 2016 NAIOP Finalist for “Office Sale of the Year” – Nashville, TN
- NAIOP “Broker of the Year”- 2002| Nashville, Tennessee
- NAIOP “Office Sale of the Year”- 2002 – 2006, 2010 | Nashville, Tennessee
- NAIOP “Industrial Sale of the Year”- 2002, 2005, 2010 | Nashville, Tennessee
- 2008 Top Producer - CBRE Nashville
- Nashville Business Journal - Distinguished Deals & Developments - 2008
- #4 Team in the CBRE Private Capital Group among 88 teams nationwide - 2008
- Licensed Tennessee Real Estate Broker
- Prior Director of the Commercial Investment Division of the Greater Nashville Association of REALTORS®
- Partnership 2000 Board Member of the Nashville Chamber of Commerce
- Albany Road
- Alliance Real Estate
- Allegiance Realty Corporation
- CIM Group
- Central Parking
- Corcoran Capital
- Corporate Capital & Development, Inc.
- Corporate Real Estate Investment
- Crescent Resources
- Cumberland Advisors
- Dell EMC
- Duke Realty Corporation
- First Avenue Equities
- First Industrial Realty Trust
- FORD Land Development
- GEM Realty Capital, Inc.
- Harbor Group International
- Highwoods Properties
- LAZ Parking
- Lord Baltimore Properties
- Lucent Technologies
- Nissan North America
- Parkway Properties
- Patton Investments
- Prime Properties, Inc.
- Shidler Group
- Sony Music
- Springs Industries, Inc.
- Townsend Capital, LLC
- TRP Investments, LLC
- Wells Real Estate Funds
- WexTrust Capital
- Vivendi Entertainment