Hotel Horizons® Forecasts
A series of econometrically derived reports prepared on a quarterly basis that analyze the historical and expected performance of 65 major U.S. lodging markets, as well as our national summary report of the entire U.S. lodging industry. Hotel Horizons® reports contain ten years of forecast data and five years of historical market performance information. Our historical data is provided by Kalibri Labs. A variety of economic, demographic, and other benchmarking statistics appear in the reports to provide the reader with a deeper understanding of local market conditions.
To learn more about how we forecast the U.S. Hotel Market, please download CBRE Hotels Research Hotel Horizons®: Methodology
To learn more about how Kalibri Labs collects their data, click here: Kalibri Labs FAQ
The following Hotel Horizons®
reports are available:
- National Report - provides a summary of our outlook for the U.S. lodging industry, with separate forecasts for each of six national chain-scale segments (Luxury, Upper Upscale, Upscale, Upper Midscale, Midscale, and Economy), as well as the lodging industry as a whole.
- Local Market Reports - Reports are prepared for 65 of the largest lodging markets in the U.S. Each report provides ten-year forecasts of supply, demand, occupancy, revenue, ADR, and RevPAR for the upper-priced, mid-priced and lower-priced segments. Five years of history is provided for over 435 submarkets within our market coverage. Variables displayed include; supply, demand, occupancy, revenue, ADR (hotel collected & guest paid), RevPAR (hotel collected & guest paid), reservations and length of stay. Two years of channel booking segment data are available for each market for three booking types; Direct (Booking.com, Voice, Property Direct, High Discount, Voice), Indirect (OTA/ETA, GDS, FIT/Wholesale), Group (Group Int. Discount).
Financial Benchmarking Reports
On an annual basis since 1936, our industry leading team has collected year-end operating statements from thousands of hotels across the nation. The Trends®
database is the oldest and most comprehensive source of hotel financial information in the United States.
Using the Trends®
database, the following reports are available:
- Benchmarker® - Instantly generate reports and analyze the aggregated financial performance for a group of U.S. hotels selected by the customer using customized criteria. Resulting reports provide in-depth average revenue, expense, and profit information presented in a summary operating statement format, as well as six departmental sub- schedules.
- Trends® in the U.S. Hotel Industry - Obtain compilations of U.S. unit-level hotel financial statements featuring analyses of hotel revenues, expenses, and profits. The data is arrayed at property type, geographic location, rate, and size categories, allowing hotel owners and operators to benchmark the performance of their properties to industry-wide averages of a similar profit. Additional Trends® reports are available for Caribbean and Canadian Hotels, Conference Centers and Hotel Spas.
- Trends® in the Hotel Spa Industry - The report provides financial benchmarking data for the revenues and expense items most relevant to a hotel’s spa department, as well as editorial content on current issues facing the hotel spa industry. Report schedules for spa departments are presented by location, by revenue category, and by size of facility.
- Canadian Trends® in the Hotel Industry - A statistical review of operating and financial information voluntarily contributed by hotels, motels and resorts from across Canada. CBRE Hotels' Trends® database contains more than 600 Canadian properties representing 110,000 rooms. The 2019 edition reflects the results for 2017 and 2018, weighted to a same-on-same sample of approximately 486 properties representing 90,000 rooms. Market data is displayed nationally and regionally using operating results from the same-on-same sample.
- Caribbean Trends® in the Hotel Industry - Report on the average property-level financial performance of hotels located throughout the Caribbean. Revenue, expense, and profit information is presented by room rate and size categories. In addition, the report contains commentary on current development trends in the region, as well as visitation data from a variety of sources.
- Trends® in the Conference Center Industry (IACC)- A statistical and financial profile of the conference center industry presenting the following metrics: facility profiles, rate and occupancy statistics, meeting statistics, marketing, revenues, expenses and profits, and human resources. The report covers executive, corporate, resort, and college/university residential conference centers, as well as day centers.