I enjoyed getting to understand every aspect of the company rather than just the accounting department and getting to work closely with management.
I had an awesome manager, and she helped me whenever I needed something and made coming to work enjoyable. I kept in contact with her throughout my senior year and was one of the biggest reasons why I enjoyed working at CBRE and to inevitably come back and work full time after I graduated.
I gained valuable, real-world experience while meeting new people. I was challenged throughout the internship but felt comfortable enough to ask for help when I didn’t understand something. Being a part of a large group made me feel like I was a part of something, and I gained friendships out of it. It was a great support system! My team gave me the tools to succeed and everyone was very welcoming and helpful. I was able to try a lot of different things and utilize my degree to get a better idea of what I liked doing and where I wanted my career to grow.
CBRE has carefully crafted the REAS Internship Program in such a way that it truly benefits college students who want to get a taste of the real estate industry in a professional and friendly workplace. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. Leaders and employees here provide every opportunity for you to learn and grow, and they support you the whole way through.
My favorite parts of my internship were researching CBRE business processes, building relationships with executive leadership along with my intern team and mentors, creating visual marketing materials, and delivering a successful pitch - it was an extremely rewarding experience. There is always someone here to answer your questions, whether that be business training specialists, managers or coworkers.
- Perform full-cycle accounting functions using CBRE accounting software including reconciliations, general ledger and month-end related entries.
- Partner with an accounting team to complete specified tasks.
- Participate in classroom-based and online trainings.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients and meet deadlines in accordance with established service level agreements.
- Complete intern project with peers and senior leadership to gain perspective of the services offered by CBRE.
- Act in accordance with our RISE values.
- Contribute to tasks presented by managers or other leaders.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s (BA/BS) program from an accredited four-year college or university in accounting or related business degree
- Junior year status preferred
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence and business documents and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles
- Ability to problem solve and perform basic financial analysis and accounting calculations
- Experience with MS Office software
- Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures
- Strong willingness to learn and desire to succeed
How to Apply
The program is open to college students completing their junior year course requirements, with a Bachelor’s in accounting or business related degree. This program will run for 12 weeks beginning at the end of May through mid-August.
The REAS Internship Program is currently available in Minneapolis and Phoenix.
Visit the CBRE Careers website to search for other internships in other locations as well as full time opportunities with CBRE.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/U.S. Veterans