Summer Associate placement and specific responsibilities will be based on an individual’s area of concentration, strengths, interests, and the GWS business need. Responsibilities below are examples and will vary according to role:
- Work with account leadership to understand account operations, scopes of service, and financial requirements within an integrated service delivery model
- Gain exposure to multiple areas of the core business and brainstorm ways to help improve best practice sharing and lessons learned socialization
- Develop recommendations for greater financial/operational controls and standard reporting routines to improve the quality and consistency of services performed
- Analyze and develop metro plans for real estate portfolio optimization and increased flexibility based on market and facility conditions
- Analyze the productivity of key service areas and look for opportunities for simplification and cost savings
- External and internal assessments of the business environment, competitors, customers, market trends and the implications to the particular area of responsibility
- Leadership training and development
- Full-time MBA student at a Top 50 institution between first and second year
- Past experience in commercial real estate, and/or interest in real estate and desire to be exposed to multiple facets of the business
- Ability to interpret business financial documents
- Strong written and verbal communication (including presentation) skills
- Strong leadership and teaming skills
- Ability to gather, analyze, interpret and summarize data; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves”, get up to speed quickly and analyze data to develop actionable insights
How to Apply
To be considered for a position with CBRE, please apply online.
Search for a GWS Summer Associate position with your preferred city. Sign in with your existing username and password or click “Go to Profile” to create one. Once you are logged in you can either apply for specific jobs or submit your general application using the link at the bottom of the page.
Relocation not offered
At CBRE, cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment creates more than strength and connection—it fuels the CBRE Advantage. Take the next step in your career with us!
We have recently established the CBRE Diversity Scholars Award for graduate students attending Duke, Vanderbilt and Berkeley.
Scholars will be placed in a paid summer internship in CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) MBA Associate Program and receive an additional $10,000 over the course of the 10-week internship.
Award Selection Criteria
To be considered for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Self-identify as African-American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian American or Native American
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Be enrolled as paid summer internship graduate student who completed the first year
- Be uncommitted to another company after graduation
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line: Diversity Scholars Award and attach your resume
- Follow the instructions above to complete an application for the GWS MBA Summer Associate Program.
Contact Committee Members