CBRE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates advanced fees of any kind. We also do not provide advances to cover initial expenses such as computers or other supplies.
Criminal elements around the globe are using employee names, company names and logos via email, chat and various job posting websites to dupe victims into paying hiring fees. Criminals may also extend a job offer and send a fake “paycheck” to be deposited, only to quickly ask for a refund on an “overpayment.” The initial check will bounce and leave the victim with a loss.
CBRE does periodically post jobs to various job forums and engages recruiting and/or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific positions. If you are contacted by a legitimate agency, there should be no cost to you, the job-seeker.
To confirm a new position or offer at CBRE is legitimate or the person or “agency” you have been dealing with is real, please contact CBRE by telephone at
+1 866 225 3099 or email at StaffingHelpDesk@cbre.com
before providing personal details or accepting a position.
Dos & Don’ts
- Understand that any communication can be used to conduct “phishing” attacks that try to trick you into disclosing personal, financial or otherwise valuable information.
- Fraudulent solicitations may include suspicious hints (e.g., non-cbre.com email addresses, gross exaggerations, misspellings, poor grammar, requests for money and utilization of services such as Google Hangouts).
- Be suspicious of a CBRE executive reaching out to make a job offer. It is very unlikely that our CEO, COO, CFO or head of HR would reach out directly to make an unsolicited job offer.
- Do not respond to unsolicited business offers from people, email addresses or social media that you do not know or trust.
- Do not open attachments or click on links in suspicious emails from individuals or websites you do not know or trust.
- Do not disclose personal or financial information to individuals or on a website you do not know or trust. Should you do so, consider reporting the incident to your local law enforcement.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans