CBRE U.S. Healthcare & Life Sciences Capital Markets (HLSCM) is a national practice of seasoned professionals dispersed throughout the United States with access to the deepest sources of capital dedicated to healthcare investments. The group specializes in providing real estate investors with acquisition, disposition and debt & equity recapitalization strategies across all healthcare and life science-related commercial real estate, including medical office, biotechnology and R&D labs, long-term care facilities, skilled nursing, and other post-acute care operations. Additionally, we assist healthcare organizations with strategic capital planning (including monetization of non-core real estate), and advising owners and operators in the developer and site selection process.
CBRE U.S. Healthcare & Life Sciences Capital Markets team was founded in 2009 as one of the first brokerage teams nationally to form a specialty practice focused on the healthcare investment sector. Since the inception of the group, CBRE has become the leading real estate advisor to the healthcare industry with more healthcare capital markets transactions than any other brokerage firm according to statistics provided by Real Capital Analytics (an independent third party research firm). In 2021 the group was responsible for the disposition of 8.0 million square feet of healthcare real estate across 205 properties. Sales and financings for the year totaled $3.2 billion.
- Assisting health systems, investors and developers in the monetization of their owned real estate
- Structuring equity (co-GP, preferred equity and LP capital) for new development projects
- Providing innovative financing solutions through deeply rooted lender relationships
- Direct hospital lender through the HUD Section 242 Mortgage Insurance Program
- Conduit financing structures for not-for-profits through the tax-exempt bond market