The Retail Focus Podcast
Meghann Martindale, CBRE’s Global Head of Retail Research, speaks with the leading Retail Focus podcast about CBRE’s research on food-and-beverage trends as well as trends influencing the 2019 holiday-retail season.
Melina Cordero, CBRE’s Managing Director, Retail Capital Markets, spoke with Bisnow’s Ethan Rothstein on the publication’s “Let’s Have A Drink” podcast at Allegory at Eaton DC on K Street in Washington, D.C. Listen as Ms. Cordero discusses retail bankruptcies, department store reinventions and the partnership of online and brick-and-mortar with Bisnow.
National Real Estate Investor
In this episode of the NREI Weekender Podcast, by Informa, NREI.com, David Bodamer is joined by special guest, Nicole LaRusso, CBRE’s director of research and analysis, to talk about Manhattan retail.
In this episode, you will learn:
- About the significant shifts that have affected retail, from rent prices to consumer habits
- How storefront healthcare is fast becoming an emerging market and taking up space in retail
- Why property owners are struggling to keep up with rent changes and their lending agreements
- Details on Hudson Yards’ new retail space (embrace the full NY experience!)
- Findings from the Food and Beverage Report including how much more New Yorkers spend on food and beverages compared to the rest of the country
Debunking the E-Pocalypse, Embracing Omnichannel
Melina Cordero, CBRE’s Global Head of Retail Research, talks with host Nicholas Frank on “Building Success: A Real Estate Podcast” about the rapidly changing market for omnichannel real estate. Listen in as they discuss clicks-to-bricks, offline vs. online pricing, traditional retailers’ share of e-commerce, and more.
VISIT the Building Success Podcast
Retail Focus 11/23/18 - Black Friday Edition
For this special Black Friday edition of the Retail Focus Podcast, we look into Target and Best Buy earnings, as Layton visited both retailers during the shopping rush and endeavors to discuss implementation of management initiatives. We also talk Kroger’s new warehouse plans with Ocado, and are joined by Cardlytics CMO Dani Cushion and CBRE Senior Economic Advisor Spencer Levy, each of whom discuss their firm’s respective retail holiday data reports.