Innovative REIT Property Management
At CBRE, we help REITs maximize the financial performance of their assets and portfolios. With more than 250 million square feet of public REIT business, our team is ideally positioned to help drive additional value for our clients.
Across all property types, in every market we serve, our teams collaborate to help our clients achieve optimal asset and portfolio management. CBRE provides specific benefits, cost savings and service offerings for REITs, with the goal of ensuring our clients are the landlords of choice in every market they operate.
REIT Client Advantage
CBRE’s Asset Services professionals are the foremost leaders in providing property management and advisory services for REITs in the commercial real estate industry. We offer a tangible set of benefits to our REIT clients.
- Operation Expense Cost Savings – Our procurement systems average savings of 7.7% on products and 5-25% on contract services, benefits that will increase both NAV/share and FFO/share.
- Workforce Analysis – We analyze the property management staffing model and advise on potential workforce savings by adding many of those roles to the CBRE platform. We provide clear career paths for property and accounting professionals. Our clients benefit through lower G/A expenses.
- Property-Level Risk Management – CBRE employs full-time risk management and insurance procurement experts who specialize in reducing property liability and related costs on behalf of our clients.
- Training Uniformity and Compliance – CBRE professionals manage properties in accordance with industry standards, undergoing annual SSAE 16 compliance audits and commissioning annual tenant and owner surveys. Additionally, CBRE offers 150 specific property management courses annually to our professionals.
- Offset Technology Costs and Back Office Efficiencies – CBRE’s scale provides efficiencies in back-office supervision and infrastructure spending for REITs through reduced staffing expenditures and related space and IT costs.
- Increased Portfolio Flexibility – By using CBRE property management expertise, our clients have increased flexibility with regard to property dispositions and acquisitions, without concern for adjusting staffing levels to manage the assets.
- Seamless Property-Level Accounting – CBRE’s accounting systems integrate seamlessly with all major accounting platforms to ensure efficient property-level data collection.
- Enriched Tenant Experiences – CBRE’s professionals leverage best practices from managing the largest global portfolios to constantly enrich tenant experiences.
Integrated REIT Services
Each of our REIT clients gain access to our infrastructure of Property Management, Valuation & Advisory, Capital Markets, Advisory & Transaction, Assessment & Consulting, Project Management, Human Resources, Legal and Compliance experts, delivering a wealth of integrated knowledge throughout the entire investment lifecycle.
- Property Management
- Technical Services & Engineering
- Real Estate Accounting Services
- Valuation & Advisory Services
- Investment Administration
- Premier Properties
- Fund Accounting
- Digital Solutions & Advisory
- Bespoke Client Solutions
- Lease Administration
- Strategic Sourcing
- Helpdesk Response Center
- Project Management
- Facilities Management