Ever-increasing corporate scrutiny around transparent financial and tax reporting requires valuation experts who are well-versed in current trends and techniques related to valuations for regulatory reporting purposes. With more than 450 valuation offices worldwide, CBRE offers an effective combination of local market knowledge and specialized valuation expertise anywhere our clients have properties. We offer expertise in valuations for financial account and reporting following Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) guidance. In addition, it is important for valuation professionals to have a strong understanding of techniques for purchase accounting, as even a stand-alone real estate asset may require the allocation of various intangible value components. The CBRE Financial & Tax Reporting Services Practice has the expertise to identify and assist our clients with these complex issues.
Our professionals also offer valuations for tax reporting for clients who require fair market valuations for a variety of purposes, including allocations of purchase price and estate tax planning. We provide allocations of purchase price for investment and owner-occupied properties; leasehold Interests; businesses; loan valuations; impairment analyses; and estate tax planning. The Financial & Tax Reporting Services practice provides the independence and integrity that are the cornerstones of preparing valuation support for a defendable tax position. We have extensive experience in assisting our clients to defend their valuation positions in matters before the Internal Revenue Service, state tax authorities, foreign governments and other tax-related entities.
- ASC 805 (formerly SFAS 141R) – Business Combinations (Allocations of Purchase Price)
- ASC 350 (formerly SFAS 142) – Goodwill and Other Intangible Assets (Goodwill Impairment Testing)
- ASC 360 (formerly SFAS 144) – Accounting for the Impairment or Disposal of Long-Lived Assets
- ASC 820 (formerly SFAS 157) – Fair Value Measurements
- ASC 840 (formerly SFAS 13) – Accounting for Leases (Leasehold Valuations)
- IFRS 3 – Business Combinations (Allocations of Purchase Price)