The CBRE U.S. Healthcare Capital Markets Group (HCMG) is a national practice of seasoned professionals dispersed throughout the United States with access to the deepest sources capital dedicated to healthcare investments. The group specializes in providing healthcare real estate investors with acquisition, disposition and debt & equity recapitalization strategies across the continuum of care, including medical office buildings, specialized and general acute care, long-term acute care facilities, and other post-acute care operations. Additionally, we assist healthcare organizations with strategic capital planning (including monetization of non-core real estate), and advising owners and operators in the developer selection process.
Led by Chris Bodnar and Lee Asher, HCMG was one of the first brokerage teams nationally to form a specialty practice focused on the healthcare investment sector. Since the inception of the group over a decade ago, CBRE has become the leading real estate advisor to the healthcare industry with more healthcare capital markets transactions than any other brokerage firm according to statistics provided by Real Capital Analytics (an independent third party research firm). The group was responsible for the disposition of 109 medical facilities totaling over 7.2 million square feet of healthcare real estate, with a value of $2 billion in 2016 alone.
- Assisting health systems in the monetization of healthcare real estate
- Advising healthcare providers and physician groups on the selection of developers for healthcare real estate
- Providing innovative financing solutions through deeply rooted lender relationships
- Direct hospital lender through the HUD Section 242 Mortgage Insurance Program
- Conduit financing structures for not-for-profits through the tax-exempt bond market