Mr. Belcher joined CBRE Retail Services Florida in mid-2002 to head up the Statewide Owner/Investor Services Platform for Retail Services. Within this platform, he led the Retail Development Group which specialized in land acquisition for developers/users and also coordinated the third party leasing program for shopping centers. Today, Mr. Belcher represents high profile retailers such as Wawa, 24 Hour Fitness and Navy Federal Credit Union in a tenant representative capacity as well as Regions Bank and TD Bank in a disposition capacity. He also works on selective Landlord accounts merchandizing shopping centers with clients such as Consolidated Tomoka and Dylan Investments. He served as an inaugural member of both CBRE’s National Retail Advisory Council and Retail Development Group. Previously he served as Director/Vice President for the Hampton Roads Retail Division of CBRE of Virginia from 1998-2002.
During his career Mr. Belcher has worked extensively with both Landlord Services and Tenant Representation. At CBRE Virginia, Mr. Belcher worked primarily in Land Acquisition for developers finding shopping center and drugstore sites. From 1992-1997 at Goodman Segar Hogan in Norfolk, Virginia, Mr. Belcher served as Assistant Vice President for Retail Services where he handled a leasing inventory of 25 shopping centers in excess of 5 million square feet. From 1997-1998 Mr. Belcher served as the Assistant Marketing Director for Trammell Crow Company in Hampton, Virginia. There, he ran the Mid Atlantic Marketing Attack (MAMA) for Exxon handling their land acquisitions program for Distributors, and worked on the national McDonald's disposition account. Since 2010, Mr Belcher has been integrally involved helping spearhead the Wawa rollout throughout Florida. He has been active in commercial real estate since 1988.
Mr. Belcher has exclusively represented Ownership entities with shopping center leasing/sale assignments and Developers for land acquisition such as Consolidated Tomoka, Inland, Orix, SCI, TIAA-CREF, Principal Life Insurance, Prudential Life Insurance Company, Nationwide Life Insurance Company, The Benchmark Group, JDH Capital and Associates, Dominion Resources, Aetna Institutional Investors and Dylan Investments. He has also, during his career, exclusively represented tenants such as Kohl’s, Target, 24 Hour Fitness, Wawa, Verizon, Dairy Queen, Exxon, Navy Federal Credit Union and Starbucks.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Retail Development Group, Inaugural Member.
- CBRE Retail Advisory Council, Inaugural Member.
- Licensed to practice real estate in Florida and Virginia.
- Holds active memberships in the International Council of Shopping Centers and the National Association of Realtors.
- Personally closed more than 2,000 lease/sales transactions
- Has been recognized as a recipient of the Gold Award for Leasing/Sales Achievements by the Greater Hampton Roads Real Estate Association five times since 1994
- Member of the Million Dollar Team at Goodman Segar Hogan Hoffler from 1993 – 1996
- Coordinated/ Leased 5 million square feet of shopping center portfolio 2002-2010 CBRE
- 2012 recepient of the CBRE Award of Excellence
- Top 50 Retail Broker CBRE nationally 2016
- Real Estate Forum/Globe Street National Top 20
Retail Leasing Brokers, 2016 - (#19)
- Bachelor Degree, Old Dominion University
- Posner Commons - Davenport, FL
- Village Crossroads - Lady Lake, FL
- West Melborne Center - West Melborne, FL
- Channelside - Tampa, FL
- The Grove at Winter Park - Winter Park, FL
- Crossways Center - Chesapeake, VA
- Southern Shopping Center - Norfolk, VA
- Haynes Plaza - Richmond, VA
sites for 24 Hour Fitness, Wawa, Kohl’s, Food Lion, Exxon, Eckerd, Starbucks,
Popeyes, Navy Federal Credit Union, Verizon and Walgreen’s
- Dispositions for Target, Regions Bank, TD Bank, RBC Centura and McDonald’s