For over a decade, Todd Siegel, Senior Vice President with CBRE, Inc. has specialized in leasing retail space in high-rise Class A office buildings, urban storefronts and mixed-use developments throughout Chicago and across America’s high-street retail markets. His expansive knowledge of market fundamentals and retail drivers enable him to develop and implement top tier strategies to assist his clients with the procurement of quality tenants for the development, redevelopment and repositioning of their retail assets. His depth of services also extends to design consultation, merchandising, opinion-of-value, property evaluation, target marketing, tenant analysis/selection and complex lease negotiations.
As a specialist in urban retail development and consultancy, Todd has successfully planned and implemented numerous challenging, high profile retail and mixed-use projects, including the development located at 730 North Michigan Avenue and the redevelopment of 400 Post Street on the northwest corner of Union Square in San Francisco. Mr. Siegel currently represents the retail component on several of the country’s highest profile assets including, 980 North Michigan Avenue, 646 North Michigan Avenue, 444 North Michigan Avenue, The Tribune Tower, Fortress’ Miami Central Station and Blackstone’s $500 million retail redevelopment of the Willis Tower - Chicago. Internationally, Mr. Siegel is overseeing the retail development of Santiago Chile’s most recognizable urban mixed-use project, Territoria Apoquindo.
In 2013, Todd collaborated with CBRE’s New York office to complete Chicago’s most high profile transaction of the year–the representation of Eataly’s 65,000 SF Chicago Flagship.
In 2017, Mr. Siegel and partners secured and completed a transaction for the largest Starbucks in the world–45,000 SF on North Michigan Avenue for the company’s prolific Chicago Roastery–only 1 of 4 globally.
As an industry expert, Todd is regularly featured in The New York Times, Crain’s Chicago Business, the Chicago Tribune, Heartland Real Estate News, and Northern Real Estate Magazine. He has been a speaker before prestigious industry groups, including the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Chicago Convention, and the Chicago Appraisal Institute (CCAI).
An active participant in the community, Todd served as Chairman for the 2013 Greater Chicago Food Depository’s 25th Annual Real Estate Gala, an event that generated over$1,050,000 to fight local hunger. Prior to joining CBRE, Todd worked with a boutique real estate firm in New York, NY.
Professional Affiliations and Recognition
- GCFD Crain’s Chicago Business “Retail Broker of the Year” (2013, 2015, 2016 & 2018)
- Chain Store Age – “10 Under 40” (2016)
- Mixed Use Development of the Year – Eataly – NAIOP (2014)
- Recognized as Top 25 Producer in the US – National Retail – CBRE (2010-2016)
- Recognized as Top 10 Retail Producer – Chicago Region – CBRE (2007, 2008, 2010-2016)
- Recognized as Top 10 Retail Producer – Eastern Region – CBRE (2010)
- Member, CBRE Inc. Global Brokerage Committee
- Advisory Council – (2013-2015)
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
- Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Chairman, Greater Chicago Food Depository Real Estate Awards Gala (2013)
- Member, JUF Real Estate Division
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ – B.S.
- The Trump Organization
- The Tribune Companies
- Freemont Capital
- Fortress Investment Group
- Hines Interests
- IDB Group
- Equity Office
- Aston Martin
- Ponte Gadea, SA
- Prudential Real Estate Trust
- Harbor Group International
- Prime Group Realty Trust
- Principal Global Investors
- GlenStar Properties Inc.
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Tishman Speyer
- The Levy Organization
- SEB Immobilien Investment