As the Managing Director of Project Management (PjM) for the Southeast, Todd Schmitt is responsible for the executive oversight of the entire operations in Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and the Carolinas. Currently the region has approximately 35 million square feet of assets under management with over 150 project managers serving 14 major corporate accounts.
In this capacity, he supports new construction, renovations, acquisitions and dispositions, tenant improvements, construction management and design (A-E) management. He also coordinates with LMA (Local Market Area) leaders to provide assistance for managed assets, tenant representation transactions (office, retail, healthcare and industrial) and property owners involved with CBRE's capital markets groups
Mr. Schmitt has 21 years of project management experience that ranges from due diligence to design and planning, all the way through occupancy. He has established relationships with owners, developers and corporate user groups. His understanding of the complete real estate process, from site selection and due diligence to close-out and commissioning, is a competitive advantage to his clients and the team structure.
Under his leadership, Mr. Schmitt’s project management team has completed more than 1,300 projects since 2008 with a total value in excess of $2.5 billion.
- Under his leadership, his PjM team has completed more than 1,300 projects since 2008 with a total value in excess of $2.5B.
MACTEC Engineering and Consulting, Inc. (Law Engineering)
- Mr. Schmitt was formerly the West Florida Area Manager for MACTEC, where he was responsible for four offices and more than 140 professionals.
U.S. Army; Corps of Engineers
- Under his leadership, 2LT - CPT, Engineer Officer (Fort Bragg, NC; Fort Leonard Wood, MO; Fort Stewart, GA)
- Registered Professional Engineer
- LEED® AP
- Atlanta Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Member
- American Society Civil Engineers (ASCE), Member
- Society American Military Engineers (SAME), Member
- American Resort Development Association (ARDA), Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Member
2012 CMAA SAC Project Achievement Awards
(Construction Management Association of America, South Atlantic Chapter)
- Overall Winner, Construction Value Greater than $20M for AutoTrader.com's office headquarters and relocation project
Atlanta Business Chronicle's 2012 Innovation in LEED
- 5.5 MSF of LEED® construction projects with over 40 LEED® AP Project Managers
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, United States Military Academy at West Point
- M.S. in Engineering Management, University of Missouri-Rolla
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) | Atlanta Office Relocation | 150,000 SF
- NCR | Global Headquarters (HQ) Relocation to Atlanta, GA | 400,000 SF
- Oldcastle | Corporate HQ Office | 100,000 SF
- AutoTrader.com | HQ, 18-Story Full-Renovation | 390,000 SF
- Cox Communications | Build-To-Suit, Office Buildings | 600,000 SF
- Piedmont Healthcare | Medical Office | 110,000 SF
- NCR | ATM Manufacturing Plant Retrofit | 350,000 SF
- The Coca-Cola Company | Global HQ Campus Renovation | 1.5 MSF
- Elavon | Atlanta Office HQ | 100,000 SF
- MARS | Build-To-Suite R&D Campus | $60M
- Barrancas Cemetery Complex, Program Manager | Design/Build for VA
- VUE at Lake Eola, Program Manager | 35-Story High-Rise Condo | $130M
- VUE Charlotte, Program Manager | 51-Story High-Rise Condo/Retail | $160M
- Groveland, Senior Project Manager | 22-Acre Outparcel Development
- Intrawest, Project Manager | Sandestin Condo/Retail Complex
- Atlanta Hawks
- Bank of America
- Churchill Development
- City of Jacksonville, FL
- Cox Enterprises, Inc.
- Dept. Veterans Affairs
- Duke Energy
- Equity One
- Fifth Third Bank
- Florida Hospital
- Marriott Vacation Club
- Oldcastle, Inc.
- Piedmont Healthcare
- Regions Bank
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Urgo Hotels/Development
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Wells Fargo