Investment property clients have trusted Todd LaPlante for 29 years to deliver exceptional results with minimized risk, whether acquiring a dream location, leasing to nearly 100% occupancy, or selling at the highest price per square foot within the LAX market.
Todd is dedicated to providing win/win solutions for investors and occupiers with the utmost integrity. He engages clients’ perspective to face their challenges, providing objective well balanced insight and advise for successful outcomes.
This is accomplished by applying his Capital Success Blueprint, a process on the CBRE platform to build client advantage with an in-depth review of each asset, its market position, valuation and baseline analysis of the capital invested in the asset. These key principals stem from Todd’s CCIM designation which requires meeting transactional requirements as well as financial analysis training.
CBRE’s scale industry-leading platform and the CBRE Vantage suite of technologies combine with Todd’s methodical approach to build client advantage is available to investors that want to measure their property performance and capital accumulation.
Todd began his real estate career after graduating from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the Marshall School of Business. He started working for a private syndication company gaining valuable experience in property and project management, entitlements, development and financial modeling. After working in boutique brokerage firms, Todd started and ran his own real estate brokerage company for nine years. During that time, he obtained a CCIM Designation from the CCIM Institute, an affiliate of the National Association of Realtors, earned by meeting transactional volumes, and extensive series of educational programs and completion of a comprehensive exam.
He has been with CBRE since 2015, based out of the South Bay office located in El Segundo, California.
- 18255 Beach Boulevard, Huntington Beach, CA. Purchased an automotive dealership property (approximately 6.2 acres) for $16,250,000, representing the tenant in purchasing the site – after a two-year-long negotiation, convincing the owner to sell.
- 8700 Warner Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA. Multi-tenant office building (19,220 square feet) sold for $3,400,000 at a 4.75% cap rate. Represented an investor in the acquisition, leasing during the holding period and disposition of the property. While leasing spaces at the office building, the investor achieved nearly 100% occupancy across the fifteen-year holding period.
- 8728 Aviation Boulevard, Inglewood, CA. Industrial building (18,885 square feet) sold for $5,250,000 in 2016, the highest price per square foot ($278/sf) in the LAX market at that time. Conducted as an off-market transaction while marketing the property for lease.
- "I have always found [Todd] to be thorough in his work, tenacious in his negotiations, faithful to his commitments, and dependable to finish the work. He is able to think outside the box and provide excellent consultation regarding real estate opportunities. I am honored to have him represent me, I feel he has always been able to find a reasonable win/win solution for all parties concerned." -Randy Boelsems
- "In all transactions [Todd] has gone the extra mile to ensure the end objective and secure the lease or sale….Todd has shown that he is well-informed and connected with the current pricing and leasing of investment properties throughout Southern California." -Michael Mulrooney
- "I found [Todd] to be diligent and extremely knowledgeable of the prices and availability in commercial real estate. He always goes the extra mile to find exactly the right fit for a client’s needs. His follow-through to completion is impeccable." -Deborah Lotz
- AES Energy Storage
- Axceleon Inc.
- Edward Jones Investments
- Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Huntington Beach Ford
- International Logistics Services
- PAUB Enterprises
- Red Oak Investments
- SAS Development
- State Farm Insurance
- Street League
- Jewel Box Platinum
- GreenTree Capital
- Manhattan Beach Studios
- University of Southern California – Marshall School of Business - Bachelor of Science, Business Administration | Entrepreneur Program
- CCIM Institute – CCIM Designation
- Robert Mayer Leadership Academy – Huntington Beach Chamber of Commerce
- LAX Coastal Leadership Academy – LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce