Tim McMahon’s expertise in the retail arena is from both a brokerage and development standpoint. This experience, combined with the vast amount of up-to-date information and national contacts at his disposal, allow him to provide his clients with the most comprehensive service available in the market place. He has been involved in all aspects of retail real estate- “ground up” development, leasing, tenant representation and investment sale. Over the past several years, Tim has had extensive experience in the restaurant industry, both in acquisition and disposition.
Tim joined CBRE in 2007 after 24 years with Grubb & Ellis. He has been a retail specialist for twenty-seven years in Southern California. He has attained the title of Senior Vice President and has continually been one of the top producers. He has been Irvine Company’s “Broker of the Year” and is a recipient of the “Senior Marketing Consultant of the Year” award. Tim has been responsible for the sale and leasing of over 15,000,000 square feet.
- Member International Council of Shopping Centers, (ICSC)
- NAIOP and Urban Land Institute
- Past Member ICSC Program Committee
- Past Member Board of Directors, California Business Properties Association
- Past President Dana Point Chamber of Commerce
- Charter Member Monarch Beach Sunrise Rotary
- Member Board of Directors, Ocean Institute
- Chair, Board of Trustees South Coast Medical Center
- Member, Governing Board of South Coast Medical Center
- University of Southern California, Masters; Business Administration
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Science; Business Administration,
- Senior Certified Leasing Specialist (SCLS), International Council of Shopping Centers
- Planned and marketed Palm Plaza in Temecula, California, a 50 acre 500,000 square foot development anchored by Mervyns, T.J. Maxx, Food 4 Less, K-Mart.
- Co-managed Sizzler Restaurants real estate program during bankruptcy: disposition of surplus/under utilized properties - assigned 163 leases and sold 35 properties generating $34.7 MM in total receipts within 12 months.
- Sold the 35 acre property and exclusively marketed the 330,000 square foot Temecula Power Center anchored by Sports Chalet, Office Depot, Linens ‘N Things, Petco, Circuit City, Party City.
- Planning and marketing of the Town Center in Rancho Santa Margarita including over 600,000 square feet of retail development. Tenants include Edwards Theatres, Target, Vons.
- Negotiated lease for Home Depot, changing the use of a 800,000 square foot former industrial complex to a retail center, other major tenant was Sam’s Club.
- Member of planning / consulting team for Anaheim Plaza which was then redeveloped from a mall to a 400,000 square foot power center.
- Planned and marketed neighborhood, specialty and power centers from the “ground up” including.
Planned and managed market entry and expansion plan in multiple markets for several restaurant concepts of The Breckenridge Group, including Johnny Carino's, Famous Dave's BBQ, On the Border and El Pollo Loco.
- 150,000 square foot Marina Hills Center, Laguna Niguel. Anchors include Lucky Stores and Rite Aid.
- 180,000 square foot Ocean Ranch Village, Dana Point / Laguna Niguel. Anchors include Ralphs, Longs, and Edwards Theatres.
- 350,000 square foot Rancho Niguel Center, Laguna Niguel. Anchors include Ralphs, Sav-on, Ross Stores, Loehmann’s and Edwards Theatres.
- 800,000 square foot Spectrum Towne Center, Chino. Anchors include Sam's, Wal-Mart, Nordstrom Rack and Kohl's.
- AMC Theaters
- Black Angus
- Bubba Gump Shrimp co.
- Buie communities
- Brinker International
- Edwards / Regal Theatres
- Famous Dave's BBQ
- Home Depot
- IL Fornaio
- Carino's Italian Grill
- King's Fish House
- Mann Theaters
- Mimi's Cafe
- On The Border
- Ralphs Grocery Co.
- Regency Centers
- TGI Fridays
- TJX Companies
- The Irvine Co.
- Vestar Development Co.
- Von's Grocery Co.
- Shell Oil