Mr. Tobin has over 20 years of experience in the environmental and property condition industry. He has successfully completed thousands of project assignments related to property transaction due diligence site assessments. He has extensive experience with regards to Arizona State regulations having formerly worked with the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality and Water Resources. Mr. Tobin has been in Chicago since 2004, having relocated from the Phoenix area.
- Performed, managed and reviewed site investigations at over 2,000 properties including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and identifying asbestos-containing building materials at buildings throughout the United States.
- Successfully managed portfolio’s that included Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, Property Condition Assessments, Probable Maximum Loss Surveys, and Asbestos and Lead Surveys. Complete oversight with regards to subcontractors, the development of proposals, implementation of project schedules, technical report preparation and QA/QC. Successfully managed large national and regional portfolio or multi-site projects.
- Managed a U.S. Air Force, Department of Defense contract relating to water rights adjudications at several U.S. Air Force bases located throughout the western United States. This included research, contract and technical reviews, and sub-contractor oversight. In addition, worked closely with another Department of Defense contract that involved free product recovery at the former Williams Air Force Base, Mesa, Arizona.
- Project Manager within the Special Project Section of the Directors Office at the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, included coordination and facilitation between various governmental agencies, local activist groups, and private industry regarding environmental justice. Responsible for research, analysis and technical review of environmental data with respect to hazardous materials / waste.
- Project Manager within the Hydrologic Support and Assessment Section included coordination and facilitation between various governmental agencies and community outreach programs. This position entailed developing a Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) analysis of the Agua Fria watershed in Central Arizona. Data collection / analysis, technical review and report preparations were several responsibilities of this position.