With more than 35 years experience, Mr. Mathews is well versed in the management, sale and leasing of commercial properties and institutional real estate property portfolios. Terry is a senior vice president and a partner in Columbus’ global corporate services team that includes Doug Jackson and Bill Whipple, which is responsible for the Nationwide Mutual Insurance, Cardinal Health, Momentive Performance Materials, Huntington National Bank, inVentiv Health and OhioHealth accounts. He serves as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) and the Alliance Director for the Nationwide Insurance and Huntington National Bank accounts.
Mr. Mathews has been involved in multiple major corporate headquarter lease negotiations including Borden, Inc. and Huntington National Bank. In both cases the team was charged with surveying the downtown and suburban office opportunities, including remaining at their current location. Through extensive financial and location analysis, Terry and the team produced a response from the current landlords. The final negotiated transaction allowed immediate downsizing, generous finish allowances and rental rate reductions. Each client achieved savings of several million dollars through the process.
Prior to forming the team in January 2001, Terry served as the Executive Managing Director of the Columbus Office, responsible for the activities of all of the business units, including Brokerage, Corporate Services, Property Management, Leasing and Construction. Terry was also a principal owner and president of Mathews, Click & Associates prior to its merger with CBRE in 1998.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation (received in 1985)
- National Association of Realtors
- Graduate Real Estate Institute, GRI
- 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006 Columbus Board of Realtors, Commercial Industrial “Top Producer” Award
- 2010 Columbus Board of Realtors, “Largest Commercial Industrial Transaction” Award
- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2002 CBRE Columbus Office Top Producer
- 2010, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004 recognized at the CBRE Recognition Conferences for Top 225 CBRE Brokers
- One, Five and Ten Million Dollar Clubs, Columbus Board of Realtors
- Corporate Service Accounts: Nationwide Mutual Insurance, Cardinal Health, Momentive Performance Materials, Huntington National Bank, inVentiv Health and OhioHealth
- University of Wisconsin, Master of Arts; Real Estate Finance and Development
- Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts; Business Administration, Real Estate
List Of Major Clients
Nationwide Mutual Insurance
Cardinal Health, Inc.
Momentive Performance Materials
Kegler Brown Hill & Ritter
State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio
Tosoh America, Inc.
OSU Physicians, LLC
Corporate Service Clients Represented