Ted Claney is active in leasing, sales and tenant representation. Licensed in both Kansas and Missouri, Ted serves retail, office and industrial investors and occupiers in Wichita, Kansas as well as small markets throughout the region.
Ted grew up in Wichita, Kansas and graduated from Wichita State University. Prior to joining CBRE, Ted was a commercial real estate broker with Kessinger/Hunter & Company, earning the honor of “CoStar PowerBroker” as one of Kansas City’s top leasing brokers for the past two years.
Ted’s extensive previous business experience includes 16 years as a manager and then co-owner of the West Wichita Play it Again Sports store. Ted was also a founding partner of the pioneering online company SportsTradeIn.com, and general manager of a chain of Mr. Goodcents restaurants. He has sold companies and acted as a consultant to small businesses.
- Leasing agent for NewMarket Square, Wichita’s dominant power center anchored by Walmart and Target
- Represented a long-established industry trade organization in headquarters relocation
- Represented AMF Corporation in disposition of surplus sites
- Other notable tenant assignments include Phone Medic, Wireless Lifestyle, TBC Corp, Lift Brands, Massage Envy, and Edward Jones
Education, Memberships and Awards
- BBA in Entrepreneurship from Wichita State University
- Licensed Salesperson in Kansas and Missouri
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- CoStar PowerBroker, 2015 and 2016
- AMF Corporation
- Phone Medic
- Wireless Lifestyle
- TBC Corp
- Lift Brands
- Massage Envy
- Edward Jones