Stan Wagner is a Director with CBRE’s Property & Transaction Tax Services
, based in Denver, Colorado. In this role, Mr. Wagner specializes in helping CBRE clients reduce their property tax burden, including identifying opportunities for tax savings, ensuring assessments and transfer taxes are accurate, filing appeals as appropriate and proactively preparing property tax estimates for budgeting, accruals and pre-acquisition due diligence. Mr. Wagner leverages CBRE’s world-class research and valuation platforms in hand with market-leading property management and transaction professionals to provide clients with the most accurate data and actionable insights.
Mr. Wagner brings more than 40 years of experience in multi-state real estate property appraisal of residential, commercial and industrial properties. In addition to providing guidance on property valuation, assessor negotiation strategy and property tax appeal, Mr. Wagner is an experienced expert witness, having testified before State and Local Boards of Appeals as required.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Wagner was a senior managing consultant with Paradigm Tax Group, a property tax consulting firm. He began his career as a staff appraiser with the City and County of Denver and has also worked as an appraiser for the Northern Colorado Appraisal Company, the Boulder County Assessor, the Property Tax Service Company and DuCharme McMillan & Associations. In 1998, Mr. Wagner founded the Stratos Group, a property tax consulting and independent fee appraisal company, which he ran for 13 years.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
Real Estate Appraisal Training and Courses Completed:
- Attacking Defending An Appraisal in Litigation, May 2002
- Uniform Standards Professional Appraisal Practice, McKissock, Inc., December 2000
- Introduction to Narrative Appraisal Report Writing, McKissock, Inc., December 2000
- Course 403 Easement Valuation, International Right of Way Association, October 2000
- 1BB Capitalization Theory & Techniques, American Institute of RE Appraisers, March 1989
- 1A2 Basic Valuation Procedures, American Institute of Appraisers, February 1989
- 1A1 Real Estate Appraisal Principals, American Institute of Appraisers, February 1989
- Course I, Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal, International Association of Assessing Officers, August 1982
- Passed SREA Examination Course 101, Introduction to Appraising Real Property, December 1979
- Passed SREA R 2 Examination, September 1979
- Apartment Appraising Seminar, April 1977 – SREA
- Course 201, Income Property Valuation, May 1975 – SREA
- Real Property Appraisal II, University of Colorado, Division of Continuing Education, September 1971
- Real Property Appraisal I, University of Colorado, Division of Continuing Education, April 1971
- University of Northern Iowa, Bachelor of Science
- First National Bank
- Gates Rubber Company
- Super Value Inc.
- Com Am Inc.
- E-470 Highway Authority
- Berthoud National Bank
- Lockheed Martin
- A G Spanos Companies
- Brookfield Development