Shawlea Aona is a broker with the Office Services division specializing in medical office leasing and sales. As a trusted advisor, Shawlea draws upon her knowledge and experience in brokerage and property management to anticipate the needs of her clients and exceed expectations. Prior to joining CBRE, she assisted in the management of retail properties for national and local clientele. Her operational background in both residential and commercial real estate allows her to evaluate properties for her clients with a unique perspective.
During her five-year tenure at CBRE, Shawlea completed over 100 medical office sales and lease transactions with a total consideration in excess of $30 million. Finding synergies among tenant mixes and physicians’ practices are shared fundamentals of retail leasing. She understands physicians’ concerns amidst declining reimbursements; a contributing factor to keeping overall healthcare costs affordable to patients. This sensitivity coupled with understanding landlords’ objectives has enabled her to eliminate uncertainties and expedite deals.
CBRE is the nation’s largest provider of real estate services to the healthcare industry with a portfolio of 50 million square feet of facilities (4,500 physician tenants). CBRE's healthcare services platform allows her to tap into global capabilities and resources to better service local clients; an ability unmatched by any other Hawaii firm..
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in the state of Hawaii and California
- NAIOP Hawaii, Developing Leaders Founding Chair
- Urban Land Institute, Young Leaders Group, Executive Committee
- Child & Family Service Guild Volunteer
- Hawaii Pacific University , Master of Business Administration, Management, Graduated with Distinction
- University of San Francisco, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration; Japanese Studies Minor, Graduated Cum Laude
- GGP Ala Moana Office Properties; 364,500 sq. ft. office portfolio
- Healthcare Realty; 300,000 sq. ft. office portfolio
- Kamehameha Schools; 270,000 sq. ft. office portfolio
- WKF, Inc.; 104,000 sq. ft. office building
- Aloha Vision Consultants, Inc.
- Covenant Surgical Partners
- GGP, Inc.
- Healthcare Realty Trust
- Hunt Development
- Kalo TV, Inc.
- Kamehameha Schools
- KSG Enterprises, LTD
- LASIK Vision Institute
- Malama Imaging, LLC
- Natori Partners
- Pacific Endoscopy Center
- Pierre Pang, MD
- Portner Orthopedic Rehab
- St. Francis Healthcare System of Hawaii
- The Triangle Club of Hawaii
- Watumull Properties
- WKF, Inc.