Shad Phipps, SIOR, CCIM is a member of CBRE Investment Properties and has been working in commercial real estate since 2000. Shad has been partners with Scott Behrmann since 2009. Together they work with buyers and sellers of commercial real estate investment and owner-user properties in Columbus and the Central Ohio region, focusing on their clients’ (investors, business owners, receivers, trustees, lenders, or government entities) specific real estate needs with experience, knowledge, and team approach to maximize opportunity and minimize risk in an ever changing market. Shad provides realistic and useful information with clear client confidentiality to help his clients make knowledgeable decisions. His proven strategic methods, negotiating skills, marketing exposure and buyer contacts create competition for his clients’ disposition properties and get results measured in dollars.
CBRE Investment Properties is dedicated to serving the unique, highly specialized needs of the private real estate investors and ensuring they receive the maximum return on their investment. Their industry distinction is underscored by a global, proprietary, web-based investor database that profiles a growing and ever- changing set of more than 120,000 key investors and 35,000 brokers.
Shad brings a diverse background of business, real estate and military experience to CBRE. He holds the SIOR designation from the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS® Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation and is an active leader in the Ohio CCIM Chapter, the Ohio Association of REALTORS®, and the Columbus REALTORS®.
Prior to joining CBRE in 2009, Mr. Phipps served as a Development Officer in Equity’s Columbus headquarters. He analyzed the feasibility and profitability of development opportunities while increasing the value of existing assets. He was responsible for managing internal and external professional resources including sales & leasing agents, construction project managers, property managers, attorneys, architects, and engineers during the development, acquisition and disposition of real estate for the firm and its investors.
Mr. Phipps was an Investment Specialist for The Robert Weiler Company prior to Equity. In this position, he counseled buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and investors on how to best realize their long-term real estate goals. He developed an extensive knowledge of the local commercial real estate market.
In the military, Mr. Phipps served six years as a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense Non-Commissioned Officer. He organized, supervised and evaluated the training of personnel to serve in this capacity. He was twice awarded the Army Commendation Medal and was honorably discharged after the completion of his enlistment.
Mr. Phipps graduated Cum Laude from The Ohio State University, where he earned a B.S.B.A. in Real Estate and Urban Analysis as well as a B.S.B.A. in Business Finance. He spent seven years as an adjunct professor at The Ohio State University teaching Real Estate Investment Analysis in autumn and winter quarters.
- SIOR designation from the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS®
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) Designee since 2005, Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy (2011), Region 7 RVP (2014), Board of Directors (2015-2020)
- Ohio CCIM Chapter – Board of Directors; President (2012), Scholorship Chairperson (2007-Present)
- Ohio Association of REALTORS® (OAR) Committees – C/I Member; Scholarship Chairperson (2007)
- Columbus REALTORS® Committees: Foundation Board of Trustees (2014-2017), Foundation Advisory Board (2013-2016), CORPAC Governing Board (2013-2015), Leadership Academy (2011-12), Realtor Care Day Co-Chair (2010) Director (2009), C/I Steering Chair (2009), Scholarship Chairperson (2009), C/I Membership Chairperson (2007)
- Columbus Commercial Industrial Investment REALTORS® (CCIIR)
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration; Real Estate and Urban Analysis
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration; Business Finance
- Industrial Distribution Center | Investor Disposition | 552,686 SF
- Truck Terminal | Investor Disposition | 150,000 SF
- Industrial Manufacturing Facility | Investor Acquisition | 112,600 SF
- Midrise Office Building | Investor Disposition | 100,644 SF
- Industrial/Distribution Warehouse | Owner User Acquisition | 99,213 SF
- Suburban Office Portfolio | Investor Disposition | 89,187 SF
- Medical Office Portfolio | Sale/Leaseback | 71,353 SF
- Medical Office Building | Investor Disposition | 62,968 SF
- Office Operations Center | Sale/Leaseback | 58,432 SF
- Industrial Manufacturing Facility | Sale/Leaseback | 53,978 SF
- Medical Office Portfolio | Sale/Leaseback | 46,756 SF
- Retail Strip Center with Outparcels | Investor Disposition | 40,748 SF
- Environmentally Challenged Warehouse | Owner User Disposition | 35,886 SF
- Industrial Office/Warehouse | Owner User Disposition | 35,344 SF
- Retail Strip Center | Bank REO Disposition | 27,350 SF
- Industrial Office/Warehouse | Investor Acquisition | 25,200 SF
- Industrial Office/Warehouse | Bank REO Disposition | 22,720 SF
- Industrial Freezer Building | Investor Disposition | 18,320 SF
- Medical Office Complex | Investor Disposition | 16,325 SF
- Industrial Office/Warehouse | Investor Disposition | 15,000 SF
- Truck Terminal & Maintenance Facility | Bank REO Disposition | 13,504 SF
- Pharmacy Retail Property | Investor Disposition | 10,722 SF
- Truck Maintenance Facility | Investor Disposition | 10,658 SF
- Office Data Center | Owner User Disposition | 10,545 SF
- Daycare Facilities & Business Portfolio | Estate Trustee Disposition | 10,240 SF
- Retail Restaurant & Bar | Investor Disposition | 9,102 SF
- Daycare Facility and Business | Owner User Disposition | 7,163 SF
- Land for Expansion | Board of Education Acquisition | 14.56 Acres