J. Scott Adams, CCIM has over 27 years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry as a manager, broker, project manager and consultant. Since 1993, Mr. Adams has led the negotiation and sale closings of over $1.5 Billion of investment sales of office, office/flex, and industrial properties in the Mid-South region, primarily in the Central and Southeast Virginia markets. Mr. Adams remains an active sales broker in addition to his corporate responsibilities.
As President of the Mid-South Region Affiliate Offices, Mr. Adams is primarily responsible for leading the CBRE brokerage and asset services teams to be the top performer throughout Virginia and North Carolina with the Northern Virginia and Charlotte markets under separate oversight. Mr. Adams oversees Managing Directors based in each local market area and has leadership responsibilities for brokerage, asset services, and all corporate support personnel regionally.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Broker in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Licensed Salesman - State of North Carolina
- Certified Commercial Investment Manager (CCIM)
- Greater Richmond Association for Commercial Real Estate
(GRACRE) - Member
- Hampton Roads Association for Commercial Real Estate
(HRACRE) - Member
- Old Dominion University’s E.V. Williams Center for Real Estate - Member
- Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Masters in Business Administration
- McIntire School of Commerce, University of Virginia, B.S. Degree
- Adler Partners
- AMB Property Corporation
- Archon Group
- Brandywine Realty Trust
- Brookdale Group
- Brookfield Real Estate
- Childress Klein
- Cohen Investment Group
- Daymark Realty Advisors
- Edgehill Partners
- First Potomac Realty Trust
- Fortcap Partners
- Harbor Group International
- High Street Equity
- Highwoods Properties
- J.E. Robert
- KBS Realty Advisors
- Lend Lease
- Lexington Realty Trust
- OSS Properties
- Parkway Properties
- Principal Financial Group
- Property Investment Advisors
- Prudential Insurance Company
- Robinson Development Group
- Silvercap Partners
- Stering American
- St. Joe Commercial
- Worrell Properties
MAJOR TRANSACTIONS INCLUDE:
- Sale of 225,240 SF 150 West Main Building in Norfolk, Virginia for $50,500,000.
- Sale of 424,761 SF Main Street Centre Building in Richmond, Virginia for $48,819,676.
- Sale of 111,084 SF Bon Secours Health Center at Harbour View in Suffolk, Virginia for $46,478,624
- Sale of Northridge and Rivers Bend Portfolio in Richmond, Virginia for $40,000,000.
- Sale of 445,000 SF Highwoods Portfolio in Hampton Roads, Virginia for $39,600,000.
- Sale of 547,960 SF Reynolds Metals Campus in Richmond, Virginia for $38,200,000.
- Sale of 325,106 SF Greenbrier Office/Flex Portfolio in Chesapeake, Virginia for $36,000,000.
- Sale of 710,000 SF Forest Office Park in Richmond, Virginia for $35,000,000.
- Sale of 515,486 SF West Park I & II in Hampton, Virginia for $34,300,000.
- Sale of 537,347 SF Charlotte East in Charlotte, NC for $33,900,000.
- Sale of 515,486 SF West Park I & II in Hampton, Virginia for $32,218,000.
- Sale of 158,262 SF One Crescent Ridge in Charlotte, North Carolina for $31,250,000.
- Sale of 195,066 SF Green Valley Office Portfolio in Greensboro, North Carolina for $31,175,000.
- Sale of 320,000 SF GSA Operations Center in Suffolk, Virginia for $30,400,000.
- Sale of 228,895 SF 500 East Main Street, Norfolk, Virginia for $29,820,511.
- Sale of 220,501 SF Towers Perrin I and II in Chesapeake, Virginia for $28,000,000.
- Sale of 554,720 SF Crossways Portfolio in Chesapeake, Virginia for $27,700,000.
- Sale of 331,883 SF Norfolk Commerce Park Portfolio in Norfolk, Virginia for $24,250,000.
- Sale of 228,879 SF Forest Office Park in Richmond, Virginia for $24,100,000.
- Sale of 173,932 SF Perimeter Center in Richmond, Virginia for $22,500,000.
- Sale of 129,059 SF Crown Point Corporate Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland for $22,400,000.
- Sale of 204,280 SF Park Central Office Buildings in Richmond, Virginia for $21,800.000.
- Sale of 204,445 SF Coliseum Central Office Portfolio (Executive Tower & Pinewood Plaza) in Hampton, Virginia for $20,728,398.
- Sale of 223,225 SF Government Leased Office Portfolio in Richmond, Virginia for $20,250,000.
- Sale of 73,997 SF Peter Jefferson Place Medical Center in Charlottesville, Virginia for $20,120,000.
- Sale of 62,165 SF AOC-West End ("AOC Medical Center") in Richmond, Virginia for $19,610,255
- Sale of 98,883 SF Patrick Henry Corporate Center in Newport News, Virginia for $18,550,000.
- Sale of 212,649 SF office/flex portfolio in Norfolk, Virginia and Chesapeake, Virginia for $18,500,000
CURRENT ACTIVITIES - REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY
CURRENT ACTIVITIES - COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Board Member & Annual Conference Presenter, Old Dominion University's E.V. Williams Center for Real Estate and Economic Development (CREED)
- Board Member, REACH Foundation of HRACRE
- Member, GRACRE (Greater Richmond Association of Commercial Real Estate)
- Guest lecturer at multiple regional universities annually (UVA, Virginia Tech, UNC, William & Mary, ODU)
OTHER CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
- Mission United (United Way of Hampton Roads), Chairman
- Old Dominion University’s Strome College of Business, Chairman of Military & Veteran Support Services Committee
- The Honor Foundation, Board Member
- REACH Foundation (HRACRE), Board Member
- Ritz Carlton Club Aspen Highlands, Commercial Director / Board Member
- Graduate, CIVIC Leadership Institute
- Graduate, Leadership Hampton Roads