Mr. Griswold joined CBRE, Inc. in August 1997. He is a 29+ year veteran of the commercial real estate business, a New York City native and a local market expert.
Local market knowledge is Mr. Griswold's forte. He possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of the entire New York and New Jersey Waterfront office markets - the buildings, owners, tenants and all associated market activity/transactions including tenant’s actively in the market (acquisition/disposition), “Shadow Space” and recently completed deal specifics. In addition to his local market expertise, Mr. Griswold has completed over 2.1 million sq. ft. of transactions in other major cities throughout the world, including London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Greenwich, Hartford, Stamford and Miami.
Mr. Griswold's area of commercial real estate expertise is corporate tenant representation, including relocation, expansion, disposition, and lease re-negotiation projects. Among his various international and domestic clients, the majority are prestigious boutique financial service firms: Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Venture Capital Firms, etc. that Mr. Griswold has represented in their acquisition and disposition* of Class “A” office space in the New York City Tri-State region.
Prior to joining CB Richard Ellis, Mr. Griswold was a Vice President at Koll Real Estate Services Company.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) since 1985
- REBNY's Lower Manhattan Office Building Rental Conditions Committee
- REBNY's Plaza District Office Building Rental Conditions Committee
- REBNY's Office Leasing Brokers Committee
- Roger Griswold has achieved numerous CBRE, Inc. recognition awards over the years including CBRE America’s most coveted award, the Colbert Coldwell Circle Top Sales Performance Award, which has recognized Mr. Griswold in the top 100 employees in the Americas (22,575 employees). Mr. Griswold has finished in the top 100 twice and in the top 225 four times (recognition conference) during his tenure at CBRE.
- Roger Griswold and his team concluded the largest Hedge Fund deal of the year in Manhattan in 2009, an 117,000+ RSF transaction (final stage) following the 112,000+ RSF transaction (initial stage) which he concluded in 2006. This finalized a 229,000 RSF two-phase HQ consolidation at 1166 Sixth Avenue on the behalf of his long-term client, D. E. Shaw & Co.
- Mr. Griswold was awarded the 1998 Rockefeller Center Most Creative Deal of the Year Award at the Annual Tishman Speyer Properties Dealmaker Ball Award Ceremony for his involvement in the Capital Guardian Trust Co. 40,000 RSF lease transaction at 45 Rockefeller Plaza.
- Skidmore College, Bachelor of Science in Business
- New York University Real Estate Institute; Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation (attending)