Rocco Mandala, Vice Chairman, is a top-producing debt and structured finance professional for income-producing real estate. Rocco joined the Phoenix office of CBRE | Debt & Equity Finance in December of 1995 (then L.J. Melody & Company), and is responsible for sourcing debt and structured capital for commercial real estate. Having completed debt and structured originations in excess of $9.5 billion, Rocco is consistently a top-10% originator nationally for CBRE | Debt & Equity Finance. Rocco has been in the real estate finance industry since 1984 and was previously a producer for Boston Mortgage Company, Mellon Financial Services and H.S. Pickrell Company. He has placed capital for multi-family, office, retail, condo-conversions, industrial, hotels and mobile home parks for institutional lenders including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA HUD, numerous life insurance companies, pension funds, banks, conduits, debt funds and mezzanine lenders including Aetna, AIG, Allstate, CIGNA, Cornerstone, The Hartford, ING, Nationwide, Principle, Northwestern Mutual and many others capital sources.
In addition to arranging debt and equity capital, Rocco has extensive fee appraisal experience as a former Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the states of Arizona and Massachusetts. Rocco holds a bachelor’s degree in Finance from Arizona State University. Rocco is also active in the community as a Board Member of New Pathways for Youth, a 501(c) (3) non-profit that provides mentoring for homeless children, at-risk teens and high-potential, low income youth to ensure they attend college.
Professional Affiliations /Accreditations
- National Multi-Housing Council
- Multifamily Advisory Group, CBRE
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Urban Land Institute
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Institutional Group, CBRE
- CBRE Capital Markets - Top-10% Producer 2000, 2002-2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and a Top-3% Producer of all disciplines in 2016
- CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle (Top 100 Producer in the Americas) - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance, Arizona State University
- Former Certified General Appraiser in Arizona and Massachusetts
- Alliance Residential
- BRE Property Trust
- Equity Residential Properties Trust
- Fairfield Residentital
- Hall Financial Group
- Legacy Partners
- Oakwood Worldwide
- SSR Realty Advisors
CBRE Debt & Structured Finance Nationally
- $132.52 billion in total loan originations nationally (2014-2017) including over $69.4 billion in multifamily financing, over $28.9 billion in office financing, $9 in industrial financing and over $8.3 billion in retail financings.
- The team has closed over $2.1 billion in financings between 2014-2017) for multifamily, office, industrial and retail properties.
Phoenix Debt and Structured Finance
- Arranged $1.92 billion in multifamily financings comprising 83 loans since 2014.
- Arranged financing for an $84.8 million (Agency), 3-property portfolio totalling 910 units in the Phoenix Metro area for Oaktree/Security Properties (2017).
- Significant part of the financing team for a $470 million (Agency), 15-property portfolio totalling 4,917 units in Las Vegas, Nevada for Oaktree/Bascom (2016).
- Arranged financing for a $192.5 million (Agency), 20-property portfolio totalling 2,976 units in Midland Odessa, TX for Related Companies (2014).
- Arranged financing or a $85+ million (CMBS), 4-property portfolio totalling 2910 units in Midland Odessa, TX for Starwood Properties (2014).
- Arranged $15 million (Fund/EB5) in JV equity for ground-up multifamily development consisting of 229 units in Phoenix (2017) for Ryan Companies and Tilton Development.
- Arranged $14 million (Life Company) in Preferred Equity for ground-up multifamily development consisting of 290 units on Tempe Town Lake in Tempe, AZ for Transwestern.
- Arranged permanent financing of over $411 million (Agency/LifeCo) for 8 newly-developed multifamily properties totalling 2,697 units for Mark-Taylor Residential.
- Facilitated the recapitalization (debt & equity) of a 2,000+ unit portfolio of Class A apartment properties in Metropolitan Phoenix.
- Sourced JV equity for two condo conversion properties in Tucson with a private source.
- Originated debt & equity for recapitalization of recently completed, Class A multifamily project in Tempe.
- Placed permanent financing totalling over $1.88 billion on 99 apartment properties since 2011.
- Arranged $8 million in JV equity & debt for acquisition of a mid-town, 25-story office building in Phoenix.
- Financed 4.5+ million square foot Office & Industrial Park, in Spokane, WA.