Robert D. Hensley, MAI, is the Managing Director of the Northern California Region for the Valuation & Advisory Services Group, a region with over 35 professional appraisers and offices in San Francisco, Walnut Creek, San Jose and Sacramento. Mr. Hensley helps lead a valuation and advisory staff that provides exceptional quality appraisal work and customer service in a timely manner. He helps coordinate all activities for Northern California including overseeing new business development, client relations, and appraisal report production. He has over 20 years of real estate appraisal and consulting experience throughout California.
Mr. Hensley has extensive experience in the preparation and review of real estate appraisals, feasibility studies, rent analyses and market studies of commercial and residential properties. Clients include financial institutions, developers, individual and corporate property owners and attorneys. His completed assignments encompass full and partial interest appraisals of a wide variety of property types including office buildings, medical office, shopping centers, regional malls, industrial, multifamily, affordable housing, hotels, restaurants, parking garages, biotech, laboratory, data centers, land, residential and mixed-use land subdivisions, and other special purpose properties. Other assignments include condemnation, property tax, arbitrations, and litigation support. Mr. Hensley has also testified as an expert witness on many occasions regarding valuation related issues. In addition, he has managed multi-property portfolio assignments throughout the United States.
Mr. Hensley has taken several Green Building courses offered by USGBC and the Appraisal Institute. He has completed the Green/Sustainability Professional Development Program and is listed on the Appraisal Institute’s Green/Sustainability Registry. He leads the Green Building valuation specialty group for the Valuation & Advisory Services Group of CBRE. He is also a member of the Global Steering Committee for CBRE’s environmental and sustainablity strategy and policies.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Hensley was Vice President for Hulberg and Associates, Inc., a regional real estate appraisal firm in Northern California, and a Property Tax Manager for Deloitte & Touche.
Mr. Hensley holds the MAI designation from the Appraisal Institute as well as the Certified General Appraiser License issued by the State of California.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- California OREA Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, No. AG016190
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (MAI), Certificate No. 11932
- Mr. Hensley has served on the Board of Directors and as Chairman on several committees for the Northern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute.
- Global Sustainablity Steering Committee for CBRE, Member
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, Bachelor of Arts; Political Science
- Successfully completed all the necessary courses to qualify for the MAI designation, and to meet continuing education requirements.
- Mr. Hensley has taken several Green Building courses offered by USGBC and the Appraisal Institute. He has completed the Green/Sustainability Professional Development Program and is listed on the Appraisal Institute’s Green/Sustainability Registry.
Partial Transaction List
- Multi-tenant office buildings, Northern California, 10,000 SF to 1 million SF
- Regional Malls, Northern California, 300,000 SF to 1.5 million SF
- Industrial Portfolio, Northern California, Over 4 million SF
- Apartment Portfolio, Northern California, Over 2,000 units
- Hotels, Northern California, 50 to 400+ rooms
- Residential and mixed-use subdivisions, Northern California, 10 to 5,000 acres
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Berkadia Commercial Mortgage
- Deutsche Bank
- JP Morgan Chase
- Kaiser Permanente
- MetLife Insurance
- Prudential Mortgage Capital Company, LLC
- Societe Generale