Rick Shaffer rejoined CBRE in 2007 as a Senior Vice President specializing in retail leasing and investments within the Silicon Valley.
Rick brings with him 25 years of experience in commercial real estate, as a sales professional/developer of retail properties. At his previous development firm, Rick was responsible for all of the development process including site acquisition, entitlements, city processing, construction management, lease negotiations, property management and disposition of excess property. In Rick’s 14 years working in development, he was involved with the acquisition and disposition of over 50 retail projects.
Rick has consistently ranked among the top brokers in the Silicon Valley. Prior to his development experience, Rick worked at CB Commercial for four years where he received Top 5 honors three times and was companywide rookie of the year in 1993.
Mr. Shaffer is a member of the Association of Silicon Valley Brokers, ICSC and sits on the Admissions Advisory Committee.
Professional Affiliations /Accreditations
- California Brokers License
- Member of the International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member of the Association of Silicon Valley Brokers
- Archbishop Mitty High School Admissions Advisory Committee
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California, Bachelor of Science; Finance
- McCarthy Retail Center
- Confidential Big-Box Retailer Client, San Jose
- Evergreen Marketplace
- Bank of America
- CITI Bank
9 South Bay Locations
- Powell Street Plaza
- Sequoia Station
- Woodside Central
- Confidential Bank Client
Disposition of 26 Properties
- Stevens Creek Central
- Beal Bank
- Comerica Bank
- Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors
- First States Investors
- Imwalle Properties
- Lunardi’s Fine Foods
- McCarthy Ranch
- Regency Centers
- Stegner Development
- The Irvine Company
- Confidential Major Bank Client