Randal Dawson, MAI, FRICS, CRE leads the Litigation Support Practice for CBRE’s Valuation & Advisory Services based in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. Dawson has over twenty years of commercial real estate valuation and consulting experience. Mr. Dawson has completed assignments across the United States, but now focuses on valuation and consulting assignments throughout the Midwest.
In addition to all types of litigation assignments, Mr. Dawson has a wide range of experience, such as:
- Industrial properties including, distribution, light and heavy manufacturing, office/warehouse (low to high finish), labs, truck terminals, truck stops, foundries, railcar manufacturing/service facilities, fuel terminals (waterfront and inland), cold storage warehouses, and air cargo facilities.
- Special purpose properties such as, railroads, pipelines, refineries, stadiums, orchards and vineyards.
- Assignments have been completed in the areas of property reuse, mortgage loan underwriting, loan workouts, and asset valuation of failed institutions, individual and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions from both the public and private sectors, and asset securitization.
- The types of properties appraised include office buildings, shopping centers, multifamily complexes, low income housing tax credit (LIHTC) properties, industrial buildings, apartment and condominium developments, proposed income producing properties, assisted living/congregate care facilities, vacant land, condemnation valuations, condominium conversions, and various special purpose properties.
- Consultation experience includes market studies, feasibility studies, adaptive reuses of real estate, certification of construction cost budgets, proposed income producing developments, litigation support and expert witness court testimony.