As Managing Director of Asset Services in Chicago, Neil oversees 61 million square feet of office, industrial and retail properties, and 400 property personnel.
Neil joined CBRE in 1998 and previously served as Senior Managing Director of the Project Management group where he led the Local Project Management team operations businesses in the Midwest Region, including Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, Milwaukee and Minneapolis markets. He also managed the group’s financial processes and workload, assisted in business development and worked with national leaders in developing training initiatives. Utilizing his education in design as well as his practical experience in both architecture and as a general contractor, this combination has proven a solid foundation for his 16-year career at CBRE.
Prior to joining CBRE, Neil worked for a commercial general contracting firm, completing projects ranging in size from 2,500 SF to 26-acre developments. While his primary focus was on mid-to-large tenant construction projects, he also was involved in a variety of other construction types, including high-end retail and large single-family housing developments. His responsibilities included pre-construction services and cost estimating, project management, and developer’s representative.
- National CBRE Project Management CBRE Big Dog Award Winner - 2004, 2005, 2006
- National CBRE Project Management CBRE Maverick Award Winner - 2005
- Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards - Project Manager of the Year Finalist - 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011
- National GCS Project Excellence Award Winner - 2007
- National CBRE Project Management Einstein Award Winner - 2009
- National GCS Leadership Award Winner - 2012
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Career Education Corporation
- CDW Corporation
- Discover Financial Services
- Grippo & Elden
- Morningstar Financial
- Motorola Mobility
- North American Spine Society
- RR Donnelley & Co.
- Schneider Electric
- The Allant Group
- Univeristy HealthSystem Consortium
- W.W. Grainger