Las Vegas, NV 89169
Michael Newman joined CBRE in February of 2010, following the company’s merger with the Trammell Crow Company and currently serves as the Managing Director of the Las Vegas CBRE office. In addition, Newman serves as the Industrial & Logistics Practice Leader for the CBRE’s Southwest Market Area which includes the Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Tucson and Albuquerque market areas.
Within this role, Michael oversees the functions of Advisory & Transaction Services, Investment Sales, Asset Services, Appraisal, Project Management and Debt & Structured Finance, in Southern Nevada. As the Market Area’s Industrial Practice Leader, he oversees CBRE’s industrial practice collectively, within the Southwest Market Area, providing support, training, research and business development assistance to its industrial professionals.
Mr. Newman is an accomplished real estate professional with more than 30 years of experience in commercial real estate management, acquisitions, leasing, sales and development. Prior to joining CBRE, Michael served as the Market Leader for the Trammell Crow Company, serving the Nevada and Sacramento Regions in the sourcing, planning and development of industrial and mixed-use projects. In addition, Newman oversaw all brokerage, asset services and investor relations within his region.
Previous to joining Trammell Crow, Newman served as a Senior Vice President in the Commercial & Industrial Division of The Howard Hughes Corporation, Vice President of Development & Leasing for the American Nevada Corporation and Vice President for Perini Land & Development and Perini Investment Properties in San Francisco, CA.
In addition, he served as a Director of the Mountain View, CA. Downtown Revitalization Committee, as an advisor to Mayor Art Agnos and the San Francisco Redevelopment Commission on the redevelopment of the South Beach District and has served on numerous Citizens’ advisory boards in the four municipalities comprising Southern Nevada.
Mr. Newman is a former Executive Committee Member & Vice Chairman of NAIOP, in Washington, D.C. and served 17 years as a member of the NAIOP Southern Nevada Board of Directors. He has also served as a Vice Chairman of the Las Vegas District Council of ULI and chaired its first Smart Growth Conference.
Michael is a 22 year resident of Southern Nevada and he has taken an active role in a number of charitable and community groups. Currently He sits on the Board of Directors of the Public Education Foundation in Clark County and is actively involved with the Governor’s Office of Economic Development and the Las Vegas Global Economic Authority, charged with strategy in attracting new business & industries to Southern Nevada.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- City of Mountain View - Director of the Downtown Revitalization Committee for the purpose of redeveloping and revitalizing the ten block downtown business and retail district
- City of San Francisco Redevelopment Agency to the Mayor's Advisory Council regarding the redevelopment of the San Francisco South Beach District
- Southern Nevada Chapter of NAIOP - Government Affairs Chair & Past President
- NAIOP National - Vice Chair for Membership & Chapter Relations
- NAIOP National - Chairman, National Real Estate Forums
- NAIOP Award for Special Recognition of Achievements, 2004
- ULI Las Vegas District Council - Board of Directors, Vice Chairman & Programs Chairman
- Nevada Development Authority - Trustee & Member, Government Relations Committee
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Journalism
- Trammell Crow Company
- Dermody Properties
- Tishman Group
- Harsch Investment Properties
- Kennedy USA Advisors
- Washington Mutual
- Campanelli Companies
- The Howard Hughes Corporation
- Costa Pacific Properties
- Wakestorm Capital
- Yates Development & Acquisitions
- BGK Properties
- SKG Properties