Michael B. McShea, Executive Vice President, is a co-leader of CBRE’s state and local government practice. Mr. McShea provides strategic planning, development advisory, brokerage and other associated real estate services to government entities, education institutions and corporations nationwide.
Mr. McShea manages some of the nation’s most significant state and local government projects and portfolios. He was responsible for the oversight of a contract with the Government of the District of Columbia, involving the restructuring of over 1 MSF of municipal space under the auspices of the congressionally established Financial Control Board.
He has provided development consulting services for the College of William & Mary, Alexandria City Public School System, American Frontier Culture Museum, James F. Oyster School, National Institutes of Health, John Hopkins Applied Research Laboratory and the University of Cincinnati. He is currently advising the City of Indianapolis on the redevelopment of a city block in one of its strongest retail corridors.
Mr. McShea has developed strategic plans for the several governement entities including, most recently, the City of Reno, and the states of Maryland and Michigan. He has implemented strategic real estate plans for the City of New York, as well as the states of Alabama, Arizona, Colorado Maryland, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Mr. McShea also led the renegotiation of government centers in Tallahassee, Florida encompassing 1.5 M SF of leased space at a savings to the State of over $60 million.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
Mr. McShea has been a guest lecturer on various topics involving corporate, municipal and educational real estate including:
- The National Association of College & University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- National Association of State Facility Administrators (NASFA)
- American Institute of Architects
- California Association for Local Economic Develop and the Keenan Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- United States Conference of Mayors Outstanding Achievement in Public Private Partnership, City of Tulsa, City Hall Acquisition
- National Association of State Facility Administrators Outstanding Achievement Award, Portfolio Management with the State of Michigan
- Washington Business Journal Best Office Lease and Best Residential Development Transaction
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Management, University of Maryland
- City of Indianapolis
- City of Reno
- City of Sacramento
- City of San Diego
- City of Tulsa
- Cuyahoga County
- District of Columbia
- Fairfax County
- Marin County
- State of Alabama
- State of Florida
- State of Michigan
- State of New York