Over Michael's career, he has represented leading private, public and institutional clients. He has acted as principal, and represented borrower, purchaser and vendor clients in transacting deals totaling in the billions. His experience has also included leasing (tenant and landlord representation), property management, site selection and development services.
Michael's focus is on property brokerage and financing transactions, collaborating with Atlantic colleagues, NIT and other Capital Markets teams across CBRE's national platform.
- Leading the property acquisition and disposition activities as well as the initiation and placement of mortgage financing for a leading Canadian REIT, through a period of transformational growth across Canada (Crombie REIT (& ECL Properties Limited), 2008-2015).
- Senior responsibility for the operations of a regional brokerage (dba Cushman & Wakefield LePage), providing leadership to commercial offices in Halifax, Moncton, Saint John NB and St. John’s NL (Commercial Eastern Inc., 2004-2007).
- Varied responsibilities culminating in the role of Senior Vice President (Atlantic) for national real estate services provider O&Y Enterprise. Atlantic senior role included client management and responsibility for professional teams conducting property management, leasing, project management and development services activities for a portfolio of approximately 8,000,000 square feet of dominant office, retail and industrial properties throughout the region (O&Y Enterprise (& predecessor companies), 1987-1989, 1995-2002).
- MBA (Finance and Marketing), Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Mortgages; Real Estate Finance Certificate, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- Completion of core courses towards AACI designation, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- NS Broker Licensing and Continuing Professional Education requirements. Currently licensed as Associate Broker.