A 27-year veteran of retail real estate and San Francisco native, Matt Kircher leads CBRE’s retail leasing practice in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has a remarkable brokerage track record in the Bay Area and Northern California, where he has secured 45 locations for Target Corporation as its exclusive agent in Northern California. He has also overseen leasing and marketing for 18 major shopping center projects from development to completion, totaling nearly 8 million square feet.
Matt serves on CBRE’s local San Francisco Bay Area Executive Committee and is assisting Anthony Buono, CBRE’s Chairman Global Retail Executive Committee, and Mickey Ashmore, CBRE’s Retail Services Americas Chairman, in driving our expansive Americas retail strategy in delivering world-class retail outcomes to clients.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Kircher served as Managing Principal at Cushman & Wakefield/Terranomics, where he led more than 30 retail professionals in six Northern California offices for the past 20 years. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield predecessor Terranomics in 1994, Mr. Kircher spent the first five years of his career in retail real estate as a professional in CBRE’s Bay Area offices. Since then, Terranomics and its successors have ranked Mr. Kircher as one of their top Bay Area retail professionals every year.
He also served as president and chairman of ChainLinks Retail Advisors, a national network of retail real estate professionals, from 2007 to 2013 and was awarded the #5 Power Broker Nationally by Chain Store Age in 2014 in its inaugural edition.
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Chain Store Age #5 Power Broker Nationally – 2014
- Top-producing broker for Cushman & Wakefield/Terranomics in '96, '03, '05, '06, '07, '09 '12, ’13 and '14
- In 2000, Matt was presented by the executive board of BT Commercial with the “Howard Friedman Award” for excellence in management
- In 2012, Matt received the Cassidy Turley EDGE award and was the top retail agent in the nation
- San Francisco Business Times Retail Deal of the Year Finalist 2013
- San Francisco Business Times Retail Deal of the Year 2012
- East Bay Business Times Retail Deal of the Year Finalist 2012
- East Bay Business Times Retail Deal of the Year 2005
- San Jose State University; Bachelor’s Degree
TENANTS REPRESENTED LANDLORDS REPRESENTED
- ShowPlace ICON Theatres
- Capital One 360
- Off Broadway/Rack Room
- In N Out Burger
- Confidential Financial Services Client
- Smart & Final
- Trader Joe’s
- Hollywood Video
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Regency Centers
- Browman Development
- SPI Holdings
- Hunter Storm
- Sand Hill Property Company
- Watt Cousins
- Charter Properties
- Callan Family Trust
- Hillsboro Properties
- Rich Development
- Gryphon Capital
- M&J Wilkow
- Simon Properties
- Exclusive Agent for new Target store locations in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. 45 transactions completed through 2017 ranging from 2-level stores, podium stores, grade level stores, 2 City Targets and 8 Flex Format locations.
- Seritage Northern California Portfolio ±2.5 Million SF Sears/K-Mart recapture opportunities throughout Northern California.
- Windsor Commons, Windsor ±125,000 square foot center. Proposed opening Fall 2017.
- Pinole Square, Pinole 13-acre, 120,000 square foot regional shopping center redevelopment. Proposed opening Fall 2017.
- Alameda Landing, Alameda ±291,000 square foot power center anchored by Target and Safeway. Opened in October 2013.
- Fallon Gateway, Dublin ±350,000 square foot Power Center, anchored by Target and Dicks Sporting Goods.
- Callan Shopping Center, South San Francisco Redevelopment of a ±200,000 square foot Community Center, anchored by Safeway & Ross.
- The Block, Fremont ±120,000 square foot center anchored by Target and Century Theatres. The Block is the fifth phase of Pacific Commons anchored by Costco, Lowes, Kohls, and Nordstrom Rack. Developed by Catellus.
- East Washington Place, Petaluma ±380,000 square foot power center, anchored by Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, TJ Maxx/HomeGoods, and Sprouts Farmers Market. Center opened July 2013. Developed by Regency Centers.
- Lathrop Marketplace, Lathrop ±300,000 square foot Power Center. Phase I opened Fall 2008. Developed by Watt Enterprises.
- San Jose MarketCenter, San Jose ±360,000 square foot Cousins Development. Opened in 2005.
- Bayfair Mall, San Leandro ±850,000 square foot redevelopment of regional center in 2003. Developed by M&J Wilkow.
- Ravenswood 101, East Palo Alto ±450,000 square feet shopping center developed by the City of East Palo Alto.
- Crossroads Regional Center, Riverbank/Modesto ±630,000 SF center anchored by Target, Home Depot and Kohls by Browman Development. Opened October 2005.
- Oakland Power Center, Oakland ±259,000 square foot center anchored by Wal-Mart and developed by Simeon.
- Serramonte Plaza, Daly City ±220,000 square foot shopping center anchored by Ross and SportsMart. Developed by SPI.
- Mercado Center, Santa Clara ±210,000 square feet anchored by TJ Maxx/HomeGoods and AMC Theaters.
- El Monte, Mountain View ±80,000 square feet anchored by CVS Pharmacy developed by Rhodes.
- Morgan Hill Power Center, Morgan Hill ±600,000 square foot Target anchored Center. Phase I opened March 2007. Developed by Browman Development.