Matt Carlson is an institutional office specialist with CBRE, who prides himself in creating disproportionate value for the top institutional real estate investors in the region. Since 2007, he has transacted over 3.5 million square feet of lease transactions with a consideration of over $500 million. In 2013 alone, Matt transacted over 1 million square feet of transactions. In addition, he has sold or provided strategic underwriting for over $800 million in investment sales.
Prior to joining CBRE in 2015, Matt led Cushman & Wakefield’s San Diego Agency Leasing Team, which oversaw approximately 4 million square feet of high rise office. Before starting his career in the brokerage industry with Coldwell Banker Commercial, Matt coached collegiate rowing at Brown and Rutgers’ Universities while vying for a seat on the 2000 Olympic Rowing Team.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Member
- Princeton University Alumni Committee, Member
- Downtown San Diego Partnership, Board Member
- Commercial Real Estate Committee at USD's Burnham-Moores Real Estate Program, Member
- LEAD San Diego, Alumni
- San Diego Crew Classic, Competition Committee Steward
- Cushman & Wakefield's Chairman Circle Award - 2013, 2014
- Cushman & Wakefield President's Circle Award for Southern California - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- CoStar Power Broker - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Coldwell Banker Commercial's Most Transactions Award - 2005