Mary brings more than 20 years of experience in the retail brokerage industry with expertise in leasing, redevelopment, strategic consulting and tenant representation. She is responsible for overall development and execution of leasing strategies to maximize each property’s and tenant’s full potential. Additionally, she partners with landlords and retailers to identify and secure optimal locations that reach customers and drive value for their organization.
Mary’s vast experience in agency leasing and tenant representation has enabled her to develop and maintain strong relationships with the brokerage community and national, regional and local retailers. Her on-the-ground knowledge of existing asset availabilities and familiarity with new developments and other trends in the market provide an added value to clients, ensuring no opportunity is overlooked.
Professional Affiliations & Accreditations
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Licensed Real Estate Professional in Illinois and Ohio
Significant Assignments - Tenant
- CMXTHEATERS - Worked with Mexico City based Theater group and introduced them into Chicago marketplace, where they were the chosen theater group for the new Wrigley Field development.
- CABELA’S - Strategically located a site for this world class outdoor retailer on the I-71 corridor in the Columbus Ohio marketplace. This was the first Cabela’s in the State of Ohio.
- Disposition of MACY’S Stores in Ohio.
- Disposition of The Anderson’s Grocery stores in the Ohio Market
- Warby Parker Eyewear - Represented Warby Parker in their first retail store in the Columbus marketplace.
- DXL- represented DXL in new store rollout in Ohio marketplace.
- Goddard Schools - Worked with corporate on rolling out Ohio marketplace for Goddard Schools.
- AVEDA INSTITUTE - Represented the AVEDA INSTITIUTE in the Columbus Ohio market, opening their first University site in the Midwest at the Ohio State University campus.
- Matt the Miller Restaurant Group - Developed and implemented seven store Midwest expansion for MTM restaurant group.
- EMBREE GROUP - Worked with national developer, Embree Group in locating and securing six sites for new Micro Hospital group coming into Midwest.
Significant Assignments - Agency
- The Orland Triangle - One million square feet ground up lifestyle development in Orland Park, Il.
- 209 W. Jackson - Retail Redevelopment of first floor of class A office building in the Loop.
- 111 W. Jackson - 10,000 sf. of retail on first floor of class A office in the Loop.
- North Riverside Mall - Repositioning and redevelopment of One Million + sf. indoor mall located in North Riverside, Il.
- Northgate Mall (1,000,000+ sq. ft.) in Cincinnati, OH. Significant redevelopment for Northgate mall. Created strategic leasing plan for mall that had been in foreclosure and was less than 40 percent occupied. Prospected and secured leases with tenants. XScape Theater, Burlington Coat Factory, Michaels, Marshalls, DXL, HH Gregg, Ashley Furniture, ULTA, Tuesday Morning, bringing occupancy to over 92%. Created six new restaurant outparcels at front of mall.
- The Highlands - Ground-up development in Wheeling, West Virginia. Partnered with the Ohio County Commissioners (Ohio County , WV) in creating and implemented leasing of over 1 million + sf. of Power Center retail and entertainment tenants. Significant tenants included Cabela’s, Target, JC Penney, Kohl’s, Best Buy, Marquee Theater, Hilton Hotel, Michaels, TJ Maxx, Books A Million, Olive Garden, Panera.
- The redevelopment of Tri-County Mall -1,500,000+ sq. ft.
- Shoppes At River Ridge - Redevelopment of 100,000+ sf. Lifestyle
- CMX Theaters
- Goddard Schools
- Fifth Third
- Warby Parker
- The Anderson’s
- The Lash Lounge
- Sweetwater’s Café
- Embree Group Hospitals
- Aveda Schools
- Nurtur Salon Group
- Hilton Hotel
- Marquee Theater Group
- X-scape Theater Group
- Salon Centric
- David’s Bridal
- Matt the Miller Restaurants
- Tim Horton’s Ohio expansion
- Pint Room