Mark Shane has over 40 years of experience in the facilities maintenance, operation and repair industry. For over 25 years Mark has been directly involved on a hands on basis as a Director of Engineering for multiple buildings in several states, as a Chief Engineer, and as an Operating Engineer. During this interval in Mark’s career he worked in a manufacturing plant, commercial office buildings, hotels, and hospital type facilities.
For over 15 years Mark was involved in the operation of a contract service company delivering maintenance and engineering services to over 35 million square feet of office and other types of mixed use facilities.
Mark takes pride in knowing that he has been acknowledged for thinking outside the box. During his career in the contract service industry Mark directed his attention away from the traditional customer base and found a tremendous need in the industrial type utility companies and in ship building companies.
Mark attributes his success in part to “being in the right place at the right time,” and his devotion and personal commitment to good customer service.
Mark’s experience includes:
- Providing and executing detailed preventive maintenance programs for mechanical and non-mechanical commercial property.
- Providing cost analysis and budget projections for all income and expense items up to $50m / year.
- Providing project oversight and management for all tenant and building improvements, acquisitions and transitions.
- Creating and implementing energy saving initiatives.
- Providing leadership and supervision for skilled and unskilled labor used to operate and repair properties and facilities.
- Providing leadership in emergency situations to ensure the best possible outcome in case of a catastrophic event or interruption in business continuity.