Mark is an Executive Vice President with CBRE’s Advisory & Transaction Services group based in Chicago, IL. Since 1990, he has specialized in providing strategic real estate solutions to Fortune 500 companies and professional service firms on a global basis. Mark co-leads a team of fifteen professionals that are dedicated to providing multi-market real estate strategies and process driven acquisition & disposition transaction services for their clients’ global real estate portfolios, including office, industrial, commercial and land properties. In addition to providing strategic transaction services, the team also manages the deployment of specialty service offerings to its clients, including workplace strategy, labor analytics, capital markets, debt/equity finance, lease administration, project management, appraisal, economic incentives and facility/property management. In the past ten years, Mark’s team has completed over 3,100 transactions globally totaling over 101 million square feet, comprised of 39 million and 62 million square feet of office and industrial space, respectively.
With over 25 years of dedicated corporate real estate service experience for a diverse group of Fortune 500 clients, Mark has developed specific industry expertise and earned recognition in the following areas:
- Structuring and negotiating complex leasehold and fee simple acquisition and disposition transactions
- Strategic portfolio analysis, rationalization, location optimization and cost reduction initiatives
- Business case scenario planning incorporating tax and P&L implications
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Licensed Real Estate Managing Broker – State of Illinois
- Member, CoreNet Global
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma business honor society
- William H. McCarthy Award (2015)
- Highest CBRE award bestowed annually to one professional recognizing excellence in integrity, leadership, ethics and consistent top performance.
- Bob S. Jackson Award (2014)
- Integrity and loyalty
- CBRE's Top 225 Professionals in the Americas 2005 - 2016
- Chicago Top 10 Professionals 2003 - 2016
- Colbert Coldwell Circle (Top 3% in the Americas) 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2012
- NAIOP Chicago 2010 Suburban Office Transaction of the Year
- M.B.A., University of Notre Dame, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S., Public Affairs & Management, Indiana University
- Arthur J. Gallagher
- Career Education Corp.
Ford Motor Company
Royal Bank of Canada