Mark is an Executive Vice President with CBRE’s Advisory & Transaction Services group based in Chicago, IL. Since 1990, he has specialized in providing strategic real estate solutions to Fortune 500 companies and professional service firms on a global basis. Mark co-leads a team of eighteen professionals dedicated to providing multi-market real estate strategies and process driven transaction services for their clients’ global real estate portfolios – including office, industrial, commercial and land properties.
In addition to providing strategic transaction services, the team also manages the deployment of specialty service offerings to its clients – including workplace strategy, labor analytics, capital markets, debt/equity finance, lease administration, project management, appraisal, economic incentives and facility/property management. In the past 15 years, Mark’s team has completed over 4,900 transactions globally, totaling over 150 million square feet, comprised of 52 million and 82.8 million square feet of office and industrial space, respectively.
With over 25 years of dedicated corporate real estate service experience for a diverse group of Fortune 500 clients, Mark has developed specific industry expertise and earned recognition in the following areas:
- Structuring and negotiating complex leasehold and fee simple acquisition and disposition transactions
- Strategic portfolio analysis, rationalization, location optimization and cost reduction initiatives
- Business case scenario planning incorporating tax and P&L implications
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- William H. McCarthy Award 2015 - Highest CBRE award bestowed annually to one professional recognizing excellence in integrity, leadership, ethics and consistent top performance
- Gary J. Beban High-Performing Team Award 2018 – Recognizes a team annually that exemplifies the key characteristics of high performing teams – a common purpose, complimentary roles & responsibilities, shared accountability and a one-win-all-win mentality.
- Bob S. Jackson Award 2014 - Integrity and Loyalty
- CBRE’s Top 225 Professionals in the Americas 2005 – 2018
- Chicago Top 10 Professionals 2003 – 2018
- Colbert Coldwell Circle 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2012
- NAIOP Chicago 2010 Suburban Office Transaction of the Year
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma business honor society
- Member, CoreNet Global
- M.B.A., University of Notre Dame, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S., Public Affairs & Management, Indiana University
Sample Clients Represented
- Abbott Labs
- Arthur J. Gallagher
- Allstate Insurance
- Career Education Corp.
- Ford Motor Company
- John Hancock
- Royal Bank of Canada
- R.R. Donnelly
- Schneider Electric
- Time Warner
- United Airlines