Mark is an Executive Vice President with CBRE’s Advisory & Transaction Services group based in Chicago, IL. Since 1990, he has specialized in providing strategic real estate solutions to Fortune 500 companies and professional service firms on global basis. Mark co-leads a team of fifteen professionals dedicated to providing multi-market real estate strategies and process driven transaction services for their clients’ global real estate portfolios – including office, industrial, commercial and land properties.
In addition to providing strategic transaction services, the team also manages the deployment of specialty service offerings to its clients – including Agile/Co-working, workplace strategy, labor analytics, capital markets, debt/equity finance, lease administration, project management, appraisal, economic incentives and facility/property management. In the past 10 years, Mark’s team has completed over 4,000 transactions globally, totaling over 110 million square feet.
With over 25 years of dedicated corporate real estate service experience for a diverse group of Fortune 500 clients, Mark has developed specific industry expertise and earned recognition in the following areas:
- Structuring and negotiating complex leasehold and fee simple acquisition and disposition transactions
- Strategic portfolio analysis, rationalization, location optimization and cost reduction initiatives
- Business case scenario planning incorporating tax and P&L implications
William H. McCarthy Award 2015 - Highest CBRE award bestowed annually to one professional recognizing excellence in integrity, leadership, ethics and consistent top performance.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- William H. McCarthy Award 2015 - Highest CBRE award bestowed annually to one professional recognizing excellence in integrity, leadership, ethics and consistent top performance
- Bob S. Jackson Award 2014 - Integrity and Loyalty
- CBRE’s Top 225 Professionals in the Americas 2005 – 2017
- Chicago Top 10 Professionals 2003 – 2017
- Colbert Coldwell Circle 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2012
- NAIOP Chicago 2010 Suburban Office Transaction of the Year
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma business honor society
- Member, CoreNet Global
- M.B.A., University of Notre Dame, Magna Cum Laude
- B.S., Public Affairs & Management, Indiana University
Sample Clients Represented
- Abbott Labs
- A.J. Gallagher
- Allstate Insurance
- Career Education Corp.
- Ford Motor Company
- John Hancock
- Royal Bank of Canada
- R.R. Donnelly
- Schneider Electric
- Time Warner
- Underwriter Laboratories
- United Airlines