Marianne Waggoner is Executive Advisor for Retail Services, serving North America, at CBRE.
As the former President of the Retail Services business line, she led the largest retail practice in the world. Through her leadership and accountability to approximately 450 dedicated retail professionals, she developed, articulated and implemented the Company's global strategy, integrating and coordinating retail efforts with other service units of the company. Under her management, Retail Services outperformed the competition nearly 2-1 in market share in terms of dollar value in retail transactions. This translates to having globally managed, leased, sold, valued, financed or advised retail assets in excess of $190 Billion.
Prior to May of 1998, when Ms. Waggoner was asked to restructure retail operations and lead Retail Services for CBRE, she served as the Senior Vice President and Managing Officer of the company’s Inland Empire office. In this capacity, she led her team of professionals to consistently out-produce their forecasted goals. .
Since joining CBRE as a Retail Specialist in 1986, Ms. Waggoner has represented many of the finest names in the retail industry, including Home Depot, AT&T Wireless, McDonald’s and Stater Bros. Markets, among others. As well, she has participated in the development, marketing and leasing of new and existing shopping centers.
In her current role, Ms. Waggoner continues to work closely with key clients. In her advisory capacity, she serves as consultant to the Retail Services platform, and provides coaching & training to professionals within the organization.
- Prior to leading Retail Services, Ms. Waggoner enjoyed a successful brokerage career at CBRE, consistently ranking in the Top 10. In 1988, Marianne’s stellar performance was acknowledged with the Distinguished Achievement Award. In 1991 and 1994, Ms. Waggoner gained global recognition with her entrance into the Colbert Coldwell Circle; an award given to the top 3% within the Company.
- During her brokerage tenure, she achieved membership in both the company’s Retail Property Services Group (RPS) and the Retail Tenant Services Network (RTS). She also served on the Brokerage Operations Advisory Committee (BOAC), a prominent group of senior professionals from across the country, organized to advise the company’s senior management.
- In 1996, while serving as Managing Officer of the Inland Empire office of CBRE, Ms. Waggoner played a key role in securing the Wells Fargo Bank business, by coordinating the efforts of a disposition of more than 600 bank-owned properties. It was this assignment that led her to receive the prestigious J. Frank Mahoney Management Excellence Award for Business Development later that year.
- In 2004, as President of Retail Services, Ms. Waggoner was awarded the Benjamin Arthur Banker Educational Excellence Award for her leadership in training the Retail Advisory Council.
- Honored by CBRE, Marianne Waggoner received the 2005 Lifetime Achievement Award; the first female recipient to earn this distinguished recognition.