As a Senior Vice President and member of the national CBRE practice Federal Lessor Advisory Group (FLAG), Marcy Owens Test is a Federal real estate expert. Her expertise lies in managing large and complex projects. She is sought out by many for technical knowledge in all aspects impacting Federal real estate including market trends, investment sales, due diligence, Federal lease construction, lease administration, leasing and relationship management. She has completed hundreds of Federal projects across the United States with a total volume of close to ten million square feet.
Her successes in the Federal arena are tied to a high level of attention to detail. Her knowledge of complex financial structures has facilitated client wins. She understands the importance of maximizing value for her clients while translating investor needs into a federal context that the Government accepts.
- Boston Properties, Washington DC: Represented the owner on the renewal of the International Trade Commission in their long standing headquarters.
- USAA, Arlington, VA: Represented the owner for renewal of the Environmental Protection Agency in their regional headquarters.
- Moinian Group, Dallas, TX: Represented the owner for pursuit of a 229,000 square foot new lease for the Environmental Protection Agency regional headquarters.
- Eagle Canyon Capital, Bethesda, MD: Represented the owner for renewal of the National Institutes of Health for a more than 249,000 square feet.
- Republic Properties, Washington DC: Representing the owner of their 600,000 square-foot facility in South West, Washington DC.
- Piedmont Office Realty Trust: Representing Piedmont in the leasing of 325,000 square feet to new federal tenants. Led the leasing effort to retain NASA for 600,000 square feet and DIA for 210,000 square feet.
- Salus Federal Properties, Greensboro, NC: Represented the owner for renewal of the US Courts, US Attorneys and US Marshals for more than 100,000 square feet.
- Morgan Stanley, Arlington, VA: Represented the owner for renewal of the State Department in 340,000 square-foot trophy quality asset.
- The JBG Companies, Washington DC: Represented JBG for various renewals for NTSB, FAA, HUD and Education in their L’Enfant Plaza project.
- Reit Management & Research (Commonwealth REIT/GOV REIT): Lead a team providing representation services for approximately 50 deals across the country, totaling more than 2 million square feet.
- JP Morgan Asset Management, Arlington, VA: Led a team to complete occupancy of a 700,000 square foot multi-tenanted office building.
Marcy joined Spaulding & Slye in 1997 where she helped create a Federal real estate practice, and when Spaulding & Slye was acquired by Jones Lang LaSalle in January 2006 her group merged seamlessly into the new organization. Marcy became a member of the CBRE Federal Lessor Advisory Group (FLAG) in 2012.
Prior to joining Spaulding & Slye, Marcy was a Project Team Leader with GSA in New York, NY responsible real estate transactions in New Jersey and the Caribbean. She also worked as a Contracting Officer for GSA in Denver, CO and Washington, DC.
- CREBA, Top Regional GSA Leasing Agent – 2016 and 2014
- CREBA, Virginia Deal of the Year – 2015
- CoreNet Global Service Provider Leadership – 2005
- Selected for the National Team for “Can’t Beat GSA Leasing” Reinvention Initiatives – 1996
- National Performance Review’s Hammer Award for Lease Acquisition Redesign—1995
- Member and Past Chair, Board of The Choralis Foundation
- Member, Dean’s Council, American University, School of International Service
- University of Denver, Masters in International Management
- The American University, BA, International Service and Economics