Laura Sagues leads a five person San Francisco-based team with a focus on representation for best-in-class urban retail landlords and tenants. Laura’s current clients include Blackstone/EOP, Beacon Capital Partners, Grosvenor, Jamestown, Morgan Stanley, Vornado, Brookfield, CIM Group, Strada Investment Group, Prudential, Lane Partners and many more. She is consistently tapped to consult on investment sales from a leasing standpoint both internally at CBRE and by outside firms, including 150 Post Street for Federal Realty and Uptown Station for Uber.
Laura spends a significant amount of her time in Union Square where she placed Dolce & Gabbana in their first Union Square flagship, relocated Shreve & Co. to 150 Post Street on behalf of Federal Realty, structured a deal for Isaia in the long-vacant, historic Frank Lloyd Wright building on Maiden Lane and has a number of additional active projects including 245 and 253 Post for Grosvenor.
Laura and her team are often brought in to advise on the repositioning of major urban assets from a fashion and lifestyle perspective, and her team is currently leading a number of the most iconic and newsworthy projects in the Bay Area. Jamestown Properties hired Laura to run the leasing for Ghirardelli Square although Jamestown typically does their leasing in-house. Ghirardelli is aligned with the developer’s specialty projects including Chelsea Market in New York and Ponce Market in Atlanta. When Laura and her team began, Ghirardelli square was over 50% vacant; they are now closing in on 98% with growing traffic and sales volumes.
Blackstone/EOP brought Laura on to advise on Market Center at 555-575 Market Street. Additionally, FivePoint recently hired Laura to lead the master planning and leasing of over 400,000 SF of retail across the Candlestick and Shipyard projects in San Francisco, one of the largest developments on the West Coast and the largest in San Francisco in decades. Laura is also leading the leasing for Uber’s highly anticipated Uptown Station on behalf of CIM.
Laura’s tenant rep work includes Eataly, Casper, Retail Worx, Barry’s Bootcamp, Union Bank and many more. Laura has a passion for uncovering new retailers and is always exploring new markets for ideas. She consistently leverages the tightly knit national and international networks of urban retail professionals for information on which retailers may be moving across the country or even the world before the rest of the San Francisco market is aware. Laura’s work also includes a deep restaurant practice, including local/regional and national/international concepts.
Laura earned a Master’s Degree in City Planning and a Certificate in Real Estate Design and Development from the University of Pennsylvania. While finishing her Master’s, she was awarded a merit scholarship from New York Executive Women in Real Estate (WX).
Click here to watch CBRE Spotlight: Laura Sagues
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Young Leaders
- Named in Women to Watch by National Periodical, GlobeSt – 2018
- Named in Stars to Watch by National Periodical, Commercial Property Executive – 2018
- Received the CBRE Three Pillars Growth Award – 2017
- Named one of San Francisco Business Times' Most Influential Women – 2017
- Named one of Real Estate Forum’s Top Women in Retail Real Estate – 2016
- Named “10 under 40: Rising Stars in Retail Real Estate” by Chain Store Age – 2016
- Consistently ranked CBRE's #1 retail broker in the Bay Area and one of the top 2 in the Northwest
- Nominated for The Registry SF Industry Impact Award – 2015
- Awarded Merit Scholarship from New York Executive Women in Real Estate (WX) – 2010
- University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts; Urban Studies
- University of Pennsylvania, Master of Arts; City and Regional Planning
- University of Pennsylvania, Masters level certificate; Real Estate Development
- Beacon Capital Partners
- Brookfield Property Partners
- Build Inc
- CIM Group
- Dividend Capital
- Ellis Partners
- Equity Office Properties
- Federal Realty
- Festival Companies
- GTIS Partners
- Host Hotels and Resorts
- Jamestown Properties
- Lane Capital
- Rockpoint Group
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- RREEF / Deutsche Bank
- St. Brides Managers
- Stonebridge Companies
- Strada Investment Group
- TA Associates Realty
- Confidential Rideshare Company
- Barry’s Bootcamp
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Ghirardelli Chocolate
- Union Bank of California
- US Bank