Boston, MA 02110
Kevin M. Higgins serves as Senior Vice President/Partner of CBRE/New England Retail, formerly CBRE/Grossman Retail Advisors, and as New England Director of the Retailer Services Group. With more than 30 years of experience in the real estate industry, he is one of CBRE's top U.S. retail brokers. Kevin's expertise includes strategic planning, national site selection in all retail venues, including strip centers, regional malls and urban high streets. As the New England Director of the Retailer Services Group, Mr. Higgins is one of 15 directors throughout the United States and Canada charged with coordinating and providing best-in-class corporate real estate services to retailers and restaurants. Having represented retailers across the United States, Kevin has extensive knowledge of most regional retail markets and, as such, is able to provide strategic advice and direction to his clients on their regional and national expansion plans.
Mr. Higgins currently represents Hobby Lobby, ArcLight Cinemas, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Helly Hansen, The Shade Store, Ballard Design, David's Bridal, On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina and several other retailers. He is also the national account manager for SalonCentric, a division of L'Oreal.
Prior to joining CBRE/NE Retail, Mr. Higgins served as Executive Vice President at Katz & Associates, representing Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth, Loehmann's, Linens N' Things, Circuit City, Eastern Mountain Sports, Cost Plus World Market, Nordstrom Rack, Wild Oats, Galyan's and DSW. He also ran the investment sales division at Katz & Associates and managed the West Coast broker network.
From 1996-1997, Mr. Higgins served as Real Estate Manager, Northeast Region, for Borders Group, Inc. where he oversaw the store-opening program for Borders Books, Music & Café in New England, Manhattan and New Jersey.
From 1993-1995, he was Director of Real Estate, Northeast Region, for Melville Realty Company where he oversaw the New England expansions of Bob's Stores, Snyder Leather, Kay Bee Toy, Foot Action and Thom McAn.
At the start of his real estate career, Mr. Higgins was Vice President of Leasing and Development for The Howard Grossman Company, a New England-based shopping center development company.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- CBRE Retailer Services Group (RSG), New England Director
- CBRE Retail Advisory Council (RAC), Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- ICSC Massachusetts State Retail, Co-Chairman (Former)
- ICSC New Hampshire State Government Affairs, Chairman (Former)
- New England ICSC Committee, Chairman '92 & ‘97
- ICSC Congressional Contact Committee/Lobbying Capitol Hill
- USA Triathlon – Sprint Category, Member
- Harvard Cycling Team, Supporter
- The Oxford Leaders Forum, Vice Chair
- Best Buddies
- The Saïd Business School, University of Oxford (UK) – Post-Graduate Diploma in Organizational Leadership
- The Oxford University Strategic Leadership Program
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design – Advanced Management Development Program in Real Estate (AMDP Class XI)
- Harvard University – Liberal Arts – Cum Laude
- ArcLight Theaters
- Ballard Designs Furniture
- Bob's Discount Furniture
- Citi Trends
- Comcast XFINITY
- David's Bridal
- The Escape Game
- Helly Hansen
- Hobby Lobby
- On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
- Rockland Trust
- Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH
- SalonCentric (National)
- The Shade Store