As Sr Finance Manager for the MultiCare Health System (MHS) account, Kelly is responsible for overseeing the finances for projects, leases, and real estate taxes managed by CBRE on behalf of MHS as well as the CBRE financial management for the account. Kelly joined the account and CBRE in April 2015.
Experience working in accounting firms and with large and small companies has given Kelly a diverse background in accounting and finance as well as service to a variety of clients.
Her career began as a staff accountant with a niche accounting firm in Connecticut where she had the opportunity to support individual and commercial clients with their tax and financial needs. Leaving the firm as a partner, Kelly made her way back across the US to the Pacific NW where she began her next career at Microsoft. While at Microsoft, Kelly added to her base of financial skills, gaining knowledge particularly in the areas of process improvement, cross group communication, project management, and strategy. Also at Microsoft, Kelly spent five years supporting the Real Estate & Facilities team during a time of tremendous growth of the Microsoft real estate portfolio. She found she had a passion for real estate work with that passion for real estate leading to her third career at CBRE.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA inactive)
- Certified Payroll Professional (inactive)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Business Administration with Accounting Concentration, University of Washington, Seattle WA
- Nov 2016 – current – Sr Finance Manager – MultiCare Health System
- Apr 2015 – Nov 2016 – Finance Manager – MultiCare Health System
- Supervises the finance staff including training and monitoring performance issues, evaluating staffing requirements, and efficient distribution of team responsibilities
- Oversees the finances of both MHS per account scope and CBRE account finances
- Highlights to date include streamlining of various processes including reconciliations and review and adjustment of the straight line rent calculations (per FASB 13) resulting in more accurate reporting and savings of approximately three days/month during close.
R L DePanfilis & Co
- Various positions including CEO scorecard coordinator, payroll manager, and five years as Real Estate & Facilities (RE&F) Finance support. Highlights while supporting RE&F include:
- Finance support for the net addition of 5M sq ft of offices space
- Supported RE&F in meeting a $40M cost pool operating expense efficiency challenge; recognized by receipt of a Gold Star bonus award
- Firm partner, staff member
- Practice included compilation, review, tax, and estate planning services