Katie Ekstrom is a First Vice President with CBRE's Austin office and specializes in representing institutional landlords in office leasing. She has more than 12 years of commercial real estate experience. Katie’s scope of responsibilities include negotiations encompassing all stages of the commercial transaction, identifiying and accurately reporting market condtions, strategic client consulting, new business pursuits and securing current and future client relationships. Ms. Ekstrom has represented some of the largest owners in the nation, including Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, KBS Realty Advisors and Trammell Crow Company.
Before relocating to Austin more than six years ago and joining CBRE, Katie was a leasing broker with Transwestern in Houston, where she oversaw an office portfolio of approximately 2.5 million square feet in several major submarkets. In addition to landlord representation, Katie has participated in several tenant representation transactions, as well as consulting services with owners in property and portfolio acquisitions. Since 2005, Katie has completed more than 600 lease transactions, representing over 3.3 million rentable square feet.
Professional Affiliations and Accreditations
- Commercial Brokers Association, President (2015)
- Austin Business Journal "Heavy Hitter" (multiple years)
- CBRE Leasing Performance Award (2010, 2013)
- Transwestern Rising Star (2008)
- Transwestern Building Team of the Year - Four Oaks Place (2005)
- Texas A&M University, Mays Business School, BBA in
- Licensed Texas Real Estate Salesperson
||Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.
|Arboretum Plaza I and II
||Ohio Teachers Retirement
|500 West 2nd Street
||KBS Realty Advisors