As Director of Asset Services, Karen Pence Hollan manages a retail portfolio for CBRE in the Midwestern Region. She is responsible for managing the company’s retail asset services' team in Chicagoland, focusing on new retail business development, receivership, and direct hands on management of key retail properties.
Ms. Hollan has 29 years of real estate experience, 28 of which she has specialized in retail. Prior to joining CBRE in 1999, Ms. Hollan was a principal of a prominent Chicago area third party asset service provider and retail development firm. As a founding principal, she was involved in all facets of retail property management, development, leasing, construction, financing and ultimately the sale of many retail assets. She oversaw the asset management activities of all company owned and third party properties. Ms. Hollan has a thorough understanding of managing and developing retail real estate from the pre-construction stages up to and including the point of sale. Her experience includes the management of both institutionally owned and entrepreneurial owned properties, ranging from 6,000 – 1,000,000 square feet.
- Consistently one of the top revenue producers at her prior company.
- Voted Outstanding Girl Scout Leader in South Cook County, Illinois, Ridgeland Association in 1999.
- Recipient of the Girl Scout Daisy Award for the highest level of volunteer work for the Girl Scout organization.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- State of Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker
- Moraine Valley College
- Northwestern University
Partial Transaction List
- Danada Square West - Wheaton, IL
- The Oaks of Oak Brook - Oak Brook, IL
- Frankfort Crossings - Frankfort, IL
- Grand Hunt Center - Gurnee, IL
- One North State, Chicago, IL
- 830 North Michigan, Chicago, IL
- Lincoln Mall, Matteson, IL
- Kokomo Mall, Kokomo, IN
- The Glen Town Center, Glenview, IL
- Sanders Court, Northbrook, IL
- Brookside Marketplace, Tinley Park, IL
- Principal Capital Management
- Ryan Companies
- Dividend Capital Trust
- John Hancock
- CBRE Investors