Justin Reed, MAI is a Director within CBRE's Upper Midwest Region which includes Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa and Nebraska. His tenure with CBRE is over 15 years, helping to launch the Valuation and Advisory Services Business within Downtown Minneapolis in 2002.
As a result of a "client first" team-based approach, Justin's team was recognized as being in the top 5% of CBRE North America Valuation for the last seven consecutive years. Justin was also included in "CBRE's Management Team of the Year" for 2017 and has placed in the "Top 10" of US Valuation Professionals multiple years. He actively mentors, volunteers in the local community and is the current President of the Appraisal Institute North Star Chapter.
Clients of all sizes benefit from his long-term relationships within the commercial real estate industry. Best in class technology, unmatched resources for market analysis and a strong team are the cornerstones for providing timely and accurate valuations.
Valuation among all asset types is available. Specialty experience includes hotels, malls, golf courses, country clubs, self-storage, subdivisions, mixed-use properties and new construction.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Reed earned an MBA from the University of St. Thomas and a bachelor's degree from the University of Minnesota's College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture. Previous work experience includes four years in architecture, where he worked for a nationally-recognized developer as well as smaller boutique design firms.
- Commercial: Automotive dealerships, convenience stores, car washes, restaurants, general retail stores, shopping centers, truck stop/travel centers, day care centers, general office buildings, medical office buildings, dental clinics, surgical centers, hospitals, financial institutions, churches, light and heavy industrial facilities, truck terminals, mini-warehouse facilities, warehouses, service garages, manufacturing facilities, lumberyards, etc.
- Residential: Apartment complexes, assisted living centers, manufactured parks, townhome developments, etc.
- Land: Residential and mixed-use subdivisions, development land, build-ready lots for commercial use; etc.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- MAI Designated Member of the Appraisal Institute (2008-present)
- Appraisal Institute North Star Chapter
- President (2018)
- Executive Board (2015-2017)
- Board of Directors (2009-2012)
- State Certified General Appraiser
- Minnesota #20376754
- North Dakota #CG-2075
- South Dakota #1282CG
- Iowa #03557
- Nebraska #CG2017037R
- University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis, MN
- Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Management & Real Estate
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, MN
- Bachelor in Environmental Design
- Commercial Banks
- Credit Unions
- Government Authorities
- Investment Funds
- Law Firms
- Private Property Owners
- Special Servicers