Julius Blatt, MAI, MRICS is Managing Director of the Dallas-Fort Worth office of the CBRE Valuation and Advisory Services Group. He has over 35 years of experience in the valuation and analysis of commercial real estate including appraisals, feasibility studies and retail site selection.
His areas of expertise include office buildings, shopping centers, industrial properties, apartments, land developments, automobile dealerships, churches, schools and trade marts. He has served as an expert witness on real estate valuation matters in County, State and Federal courts.
Mr. Blatt is the Co-National Practice Leader of CBRE’s Sports and Entertainment Valuation Practice, appraising stadiums, arenas, amusement parks, waterparks, multi-screen cinemas and ice rinks. His experience includes appraising stadiums housing MLB, NFL and MLS teams as well as NBA and NHL arenas.
Prior to joining CBRE, Mr. Blatt was a founding principal and managing partner of Kosowsky Blatt and Associates, a Dallas-based real estate appraisal and consulting firm. He has also served as a Second Vice President of Chase Manhattan Bank. His retail site section experience includes Saks Fifth Avenue and Kohl’s.
Mr. Blatt is a past member of the Board of Directors of the North Texas Chapter of the Appraisal Institute.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member (MAI), Certificate No. 8416
- Appraisal Institute- Approved Instructor
- Member of The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Member- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Southern Methodist University - Dedman School of Law- Guest Lecturer
- University of Texas-Arlington Graduate Program in Real Estate- Guest Lecturer
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
- State of Texas No. TX-1320703-G
- State of Arkansas No. CG-4238
- State of Kansas No. G-3095
- State of Louisiana No. G3808
- State of Oklahoma No. 13040CGA
Master of Business Administration in Real Estate, 1980
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Marketing, 1978
- State University of New York, Buffalo, New York
- Bank of America
- Bank of Hope
- Bank of Oklahoma
- Bank OZK
- Capital One
- Comerica Bank
- Dallas Independent School District
- Hunton and Williams
- John Hancock
- Legacy Texas Bank
- Metropolitan Capital Advisors
- M&T Bank
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Texas Bank and Trust
- Thompson & Knight
- Toyota Financial