Joshua A. Kleinberg has been an active real estate broker since 1994, serving the Metropolitan New York City marketplace. Mr. Kleinberg specializes in leasing sales, investments, financing, development brokerage and property management services.
Mr. Kleinberg brings two decades of invaluable experience to CBRE. He has represented tenants and landlords; locally, nationally and internationally. Mr. Kleinberg’s market-leading insight and knowledge into an ever-changing real estate landscape makes him a wonderful addition to the CBRE platform.
Joshua, a native New Yorker, lives on the upper west side with his wife. He is a graduate of Boston University and has studied at the New York University Real Estate Institute.
Professional Affiliations / Accreditations
- Long Island City Partnership
- The Young Men’s and Women’s Real Estate Association
- Former Committee Member, Melanoma Research Foundation 2001-2008
- Benefactor and Contributor to many of NY’s cultural and charitable institutions including the Central Park Conservancy and The United Jewish Appeal
- Board Member, The Eugene & Estelle Ferkauf Foundation
- Boston University, Bachelor of Arts
Partial Transaction List
- Newsday | +/- 140,000-square-foot long-term net lease for the Long Island-based Newsday’s new Outer-Borough distribution facility. Mr. Kleinberg represented the landlord in this transaction.
- Cornerstone Medical Art’s Center | Lease of the 70,000-square-foot former St. Joseph’s Hospital facility, located at 159-05 Union Turnpike, Fresh Meadows, Queens. Mr. Kleinberg represented the tenant in this 20-year NNN lease.
- Bank of America | Retained to find a new Long Island City location. Located a property compliant with Bank of America’s very specific and sensitive requirements and was successful in negotiating a long-term triple-net lease.
- Sears Roebuck & Company | Retained to sell a 45,000-square-foot former distribution center. Along with a team of architects and city officials, obtained the rights on behalf of ownership to divide the facility and maximize its value.
- Somerset Partners | Exclusively represented this prominent private equity firm in the sale of its property located in one of New Jersey’s prime retail corridors. Prior to the same, negotiated with Sherwin Williams the early exercise of its 20-year option thereby increasing the value of the property.
- Van Wagner Advertising Corp. | Retained exclusively to locate property and existing locations for billboards and outdoor advertising in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island.
- Lumber Liquidators | Considered the largest independent retailer in the US specializing in hardwood flooring, Mr. Kleinberg successfully located and secured its first long-term NNN lease in Queens, NY.
- Best Buy Co., Inc. | Successfully located a Warehouse/Distribution facility of nearly 20,000 square feet to accommodate its Queens NY sales & service center.
- Petrossian, Inc. | This family name has been associated with the finest caviar in the world. Mr. Kleinberg was hired to locate a facility in the outer boroughs. Mr. Kleinberg successfully located a 20,000-square-foot Distribution/Office.
- Ford Motor Company | Retained exclusively to locate a new Queens, NY location and closed on a former car dealership in 2011.
- Allstate Insurance Co.
- Bank of America
- Best Buy Co., Inc.
- Citibank, NA
- Cornerstone Treatment Facilities
- Ford Motor Company
- General Insulation Corp.
- General Motors Corp.
- Lumber Liquidators
- Madison Marquette, Inc.
- Petrossian, Inc.
- Sears Roebuck & Co.
- Service Corporation International
- Somerset Partners
- Van Wagner Advertising Corp.