John Wu has been active in the real estate appraisal field since 1998, starting as a research analyst with CBRE, Inc. then later promoted into an appraiser role working on valuation and consultation assignments conducted on behalf of a variety of clients ranging from private investors to major financial institutions. Properties appraised include a wide variety of property types including office, retail, multi-family residential, industrial, residential subdivisions and mixed-use developments.
In mid-2006, John Wu joined the Multi-Family practice within the Valuation group and began specializing in valuations of multi-family rental assets. He has been concentrating on valuing various types of multi-family developments ranging from one-off condominium rentals to large-scale institution-grade apartment communities, including Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), student housing and mixed-use assets across three states (Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana).
In 2009, John Wu attained his HUD MAP certification to appraise multi-family and mix-use properties financed through FHA HUD financing programs. Furthermore, John Wu has experience appraising Tax-Credit multi-family rental assets under the guidelines of the new HUD MAP Tax-Credit Pilot Program.
- State Certified General - State of Illinois License # 553.001828
- State Certified General - State of Indiana License #CG40700754
- State Certified General - State of Wisconsin License #1883-10
- HUD MAP Certified
Recent Highlight Projects
CBD and Urban Projects
- Chicago South Loop | Existing 40-Story Tower (397 Units/8,765 SF of Retail)
- Chicago Streeterville | Existing 51-Story Tower (481 Units/10,250 SF of Retail)
- Chicago Streeterville | Under Construction 47-Story Tower (444 Units/10,645 SF of Retail)
- Chicago Lincoln Park | Under Construction 11-Story (191 Units/16,303 SF of Retail)
- Chicago West Loop | Under Construction 11-Story (75 Units/41,612 SF Office/13,482 SF Retail)
- Chicago South Loop | Proposed 48-Story Tower (500 Units/7,659 SF of Retail)
- Chicago Logan Square | Proposed 7-Story LIHTC/HAP Project (88 Units/1,788 SF of Retail)
- Milwaukee, WI CBD | Proposed 44-Story Tower (322 Units/42,119 SF of Retail)
- Chicago MSA, Warrenville | Existing Class A 343-Unit Garden-Style Asset
- Chicago MSA, St. Charles | Existing Class A 400-Unit Garden-Style Asset
- Chicago MSA, Lombard | Proposed 7-Story Class A+ 175 Units Mid-Rise Asset (Age 55+)
- Chicago MSA, Lombard | Proposed 3-Story Class A+ 260 Units Low-Rise Asset
- Chicago MSA, GD Heights | Existing Class B/B+ Value-Add 632-Unit Garden-Style Asset
- Chicago MSA, Grayslake | Existing Class B Value-Add 396-Unit Garden-Style Asset